A Note From Scott on New HD

"things are really in flux or Dish just likes to play sadistic games is immaterial."

Knowing Dish Network's actions for the last few years, I will go with the first answer. The right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing.

I agree....Dish seems to be in disarray right now.....memo with new HD on Wednesday then no mention of HD in another memo.

Scott......if anyone looks like idiots aroung here its Dish and their actions or lack of it, its not you Scott and I would bet 99.999 % of the people who use this site would agree with me.

Just to restate what others have already said, Scott is just doing his best to make information available. The very fact that people can speculate here is one of the main reasons I keep coming back.

It wasn't that long ago that Dish was undergoing internal turmoil with all the speculation that ATT was going to take them over. They seem to be on the road back to making decisions again but I'd imagine there is bound to be a residual effect confusing on internal communications. Let's face it, Dish has never been a well oiled machine in that regard.

Point being, don't blame Scott for trying to get info out. Take it for what it's worth, don't set your clocks by any prediction and be thankful there is this site to go to for whatever information can be gleamed. Even the reports that don't quite turn out have some truth to them. And many of the reports are spot on.

AT&T rolls out DISH service, drops DIRECTV | Markets | Markets News | Reuters

Another possible reason for 2 memo is that some people within the company need to know all the plans of the company and some might only NEED to know about plans of the local HD's that are coming. And other might only need to know about the information regarding to the National HD's Like usa or sci fi.

I think a memo could be sent to installers telling them of the upcoming 61.5 hd locals and there would be a demand for second dishes to be installed at some locations. once again Soon.

The document I received was time stamped: Monday, April 07, 2008 5:56:14 PM.

It shows: channel and launch date (all HD)

110 satellite
USA 09-Apr-08
SCIFI 09-Apr-08

61.5 satellite
WRIC 9-Apr
WTVR 9-Apr
WWBT 9-Apr
WRLH 9-Apr
WFTS 9-Apr
WTSP 9-Apr
WFLA 9-Apr
WTVT 9-Apr
WEWS 9-Apr
WOIO 9-Apr
WKYC 9-Apr
WJW 9-Apr
WISN 9-Apr
WTMJ 9-Apr
WITI 9-Apr
WCTI 9-Apr
WNCT 9-Apr
WITN 9-Apr
WFXI 9-Apr
WZVN 9-Apr
WINK 9-Apr
WBBH 9-Apr
WFTX 9-Apr
WKOW 9-Apr
WISC 9-Apr
WMTV 9-Apr
WMSN 9-Apr

It also shows: (with no mention of HD for these)

110 satellite
CHILR 09-Apr-08
ASHOW 09-Apr-08

Another possible reason for 2 memo is that some people within the company need to know all the plans of the company and some might only NEED to know about plans of the local HD's that are coming. And other might only need to know about the information regarding to the National HD's Like usa or sci fi.

I think a memo could be sent to installers telling them of the upcoming 61.5 hd locals and there would be a demand for second dishes to be installed at some locations. once again Soon.

The problem with that is: IF channels are launching tomorrow or the next day then engineering, if any department, would be the one that's informed.

110 satellite
USA 09-Apr-08
SCIFI 09-Apr-08

61.5 satellite
WRIC 9-Apr
WTVR 9-Apr
WWBT 9-Apr
WRLH 9-Apr
WFTS 9-Apr
WTSP 9-Apr
WFLA 9-Apr
WTVT 9-Apr
WEWS 9-Apr
WOIO 9-Apr
WKYC 9-Apr
WJW 9-Apr

WISN 9-Apr
WTMJ 9-Apr
WITI 9-Apr
WCTI 9-Apr
WNCT 9-Apr
WITN 9-Apr
WFXI 9-Apr
WZVN 9-Apr
WINK 9-Apr
WBBH 9-Apr
WFTX 9-Apr
WKOW 9-Apr
WISC 9-Apr
WMTV 9-Apr
WMSN 9-Apr

110 satellite
CHILR 09-Apr-08
ASHOW 09-Apr-08

Wow! That would be cool... is this a memo to retailers?

I dont see that being an issue, these documents are sent to me by more then one person. If I only got them from one person I dont say anything.
Okay, I thought it was from one or two people. If (7) people sent you copies, many more likely got copies. If that's the case, they aren't trying to sniff out the mole.... That's a REALLY smart thing regarding when you only get info from one person. Just curious, do they e-mail you from their "work" accounts ? Do they e-mail you at some un-listed e-mail address too ? And not "news@satguys.us" either !
After hearing about the news that those channels were missing off the hour later report I called another friend in Chicago who confirmed that those channels were not on their list. (He wouldn't send me the document though)
Hmmm, were the (7) all outside people, i.e. retailers ? And the Chicago friend an inside employee ?

If I were Scott, i'd sell this baby and cash in. Shortly after, open up a new site that does the same. People will follow him where he goes. Maybe you can have your cake and eat it too :) The name is material. Content is what matters.

61.5 satellite

WKOW 9-Apr
WISC 9-Apr
WMTV 9-Apr
WMSN 9-Apr

Whoo-hoo - Madison channels!?

If I were Scott, i'd sell this baby and cash in. Shortly after open up a new site that does the same. People will follow him where he goes. Maybe you can have your cake adn eat it too :)

i would bet there would be some non compete clause in whatever agreement to sell a site such as this to prevent such a thing.

If I were Scott, i'd sell this baby and cash in. Shortly after, open up a new site that does the same. People will follow him where he goes. Maybe you can have your cake adn eat it too :) The name is material. Content is what matters.

I'd be willing to bet that any sales agreement would include a covenant not to compete to prevent just that.

What time zone are you in? What time in Eastern TZ was that time stamp?

That time stamp came from the Excel spread sheet they sent me. Might be MST if the sender is in Denver.

Anyway, they send us a weekly update of channel moves and changes, additions and takedowns.

I have no other "inside" contacts like Scott.

110 satellite
USA 09-Apr-08
SCIFI 09-Apr-08

61.5 satellite
WRIC 9-Apr
WTVR 9-Apr
WWBT 9-Apr
WRLH 9-Apr
WFTS 9-Apr
WTSP 9-Apr
WFLA 9-Apr
WTVT 9-Apr
WEWS 9-Apr
WOIO 9-Apr
WKYC 9-Apr
WJW 9-Apr
WISN 9-Apr
WTMJ 9-Apr
WITI 9-Apr
WCTI 9-Apr
WNCT 9-Apr
WITN 9-Apr
WFXI 9-Apr
WZVN 9-Apr
WINK 9-Apr
WBBH 9-Apr
WFTX 9-Apr
WKOW 9-Apr
WISC 9-Apr
WMTV 9-Apr
WMSN 9-Apr

110 satellite
CHILR 09-Apr-08
ASHOW 09-Apr-08

YAY!!! I see Milwaukee channels on there!!! Let's hope they are on tomorrow!! :up

That time stamp came from the Excel spread sheet they sent me. Might be MST if the sender is in Denver.

Anyway, they send us a weekly update of channel moves and changes, additions and takedowns.

How often are the weekly updates of moves and changes incorrect?
Thanks for the info.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts