A Note From Scott on New HD

"things are really in flux or Dish just likes to play sadistic games is immaterial."

Knowing Dish Network's actions for the last few years, I will go with the first answer. The right hand has no clue what the left hand is doing.

I totally agree. Why can't Dish fix things that are broken. It looks like it is just as hard for Dish to communicate with it's own people. I know Dish is a big company but come on. All big companys do not act like this.

If Charlie was smart he would offer Scott a job to be his right hand man. Things would definitely be better.

For our sake, I hope Charlie never gets that smart.:)

rogerpl said:
How often are the weekly updates of moves and changes incorrect?
Thanks for the info.

I dont really check, so I cant answer. Last week, they said the following would be on 4/2/09. Did these come on?

Customer launch. Abilene HD (ABC). Mapdown 12.
Customer launch. Abilene HD (CBS). Mapdown 32.
Customer launch. Abilene HD (NBC). Mapdown 9.
Customer launch. Abilene (FOX). Mapdown 15.
Customer launch. Abilene (IND). Mapdown 17.
Customer launch. Abilene (TMNDO). Mapdown 40. PCM audio.
Customer launch. Beaumont HD (ABC). Mapdown 12.
Customer launch. Beaumont HD (CBS). Mapdown 6.
Customer launch. Beaumont HD (NBC). Mapdown 4.
Customer launch. Beaumont HD (FOX). Mapdown 64.
Customer launch. Green Bay HD (ABC). Mapdown 2.
Customer launch. Green Bay HD (CBS). Mapdown 5.
Customer launch. Green Bay HD (NBC). Mapdown 26.
Customer launch. Green Bay HD (FOX). Mapdown 11.
Customer launch. Grand Rapids HD (ABC). Mapdown 13.
Customer launch. Grand Rapids HD (CBS). Mapdown 3.
Customer launch. Grand Rapids HD (NBC). Mapdown 8.
Customer launch. Grand Rapids HD (FOX). Mapdown 17.
Customer launch. Richmond HD (ABC). Mapdown 8.
Customer launch. Richmond HD (CBS). Mapdown 35.
Customer launch. Richmond HD (NBC). Mapdown 6.
Customer launch. Richmond HD (FOX). Mapdown 12.

the only one i see listed in last wednesday's report is
5190 - KBMT [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 05 Area 4 beam (Not Available)(Beaumont, TX)
5190 - KBMT [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 09 Area 7 beam (Not Available)(Beaumont, TX)
5191 - KFDM [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 05 Area 4 beam (Not Available)(Beaumont, TX)
5191 - KFDM [MPEG4 HD] added to Echostar12 61.5 TP 09 Area 7 beam (Not Available)(Beaumont, TX)

maybe the doc you posted isn't as promising as we hoped :-/

OK, as I said, these are documents they send me and I can not guarantee anything! We do some commercial work and when a channel moves from one place to another, it can cause problems with a headend (especially if they move satellites).

Here is information of this weeks HD locals launches, I know these could make some folks very happy.

On the USA / SCIFI and CHILLER, I am still hearing that they COULD still launch tommorow, but its not 100%. I have been told that if not tomorrow then by next Wednesday the latest.

Attachments

• Programming Notice - Cleveland, OH, HD Locals Launching - 040808.pdf
    75.4 KB · Views: 719
  • Programming Notice - Milwaukee, WI, HD Locals Launching - 040808.pdf
    75.3 KB · Views: 188
  • Programming Notice - Richmond, VA, HD Locals Launching - 040808.pdf
    75.3 KB · Views: 228
  • Programming Notice - Tampa, FL, HD Locals Launching - 040808.pdf
    75.3 KB · Views: 204
Good for those getting their locals. I have my locals OTA ( soon from E* also) and can not imagine how antsy some of you must be. Now just a national here and there.

Here is the document I receive: (just for comparison).

Attachments

• Channel Move_Launches Week of 4-7-08.xls
    30.5 KB · Views: 414
Congrats to those getting locals in HD. I am one of the ones that has to wait (we're not in the list of ones that are currently planned for this year, though interestingly, some smaller markets are). But every one that gets lit up is one closer that we might be.

DirecTV is supposed to light up locals in HD for our area by the end of the year. I sure hope that Dish is not too far behind them. Between lagging on nationals in HD so badly and possibly not getting my locals in HD either, it'll get harder and harder to justify sending Charlie my check each month...

Here is information of this weeks HD locals launches, I know these could make some folks very happy.

On the USA / SCIFI and CHILLER, I am still hearing that they COULD still launch tommorow, but its not 100%. I have been told that if not tomorrow then by next Wednesday the latest.

FANTASTIC!! :D

Now, not to seem ungrateful, but... :p

How come they are not putting up CBS in HD for Milwaukee? They are launching it for Madison (not even an hour west of Milwaukee). Again, I am thankful for the other 3 major networks, but I was curious as to why CBS was not included.

FANTASTIC!! :D

Now, not to seem ungrateful, but... :p

How come they are not putting up CBS in HD for Milwaukee? They are launching it for Madison (not even an hour west of Milwaukee). Again, I am thankful for the other 3 major networks, but I was curious as to why CBS was not included.

They're owned by Weigel Broadcasting, Weigel Broadcasting - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and they like to play hardball with companies for HD retransmission rights.

Here is the document I receive: (just for comparison).

That is the 4pm one I got. (And THANK YOU to everyone who sends us those! If you get them please send them as we don't always see them... tips @ satelliteguys.us (remove the spaces) is the place to send them to)

The 5 pm one I got is slightly different because it is for engineering use it has more data, and again the 3 new channels are missing from that list.

I dont want to post that one publiclly, as I am sure that version is not as widely distributed.

Yeah congrats on those getting locals and next day or two could be interesting.. Also thanks Scott and the rest for all of your hard work. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)