A Note From Scott on New HD

I'm still interested in hearing about Fargo, ND HD locals. It was on the CES slides and listed as second quarter of 08 (I believe if I remember right). I realize that this is a crap shoot, but do you think these is still possiable?

Scott I very much appreciate what you do to run this site, I've been around since nearly the beginning but not terribly active - I'm just a Dish network end-user, but have been interested in this satellite industry for quite some time. It helps when you do have installers over to more than they do about equipment and programming options. ;-) I've said it before and I'll say it again, you've done a phenomenal job with this site, and any information that you share has been value add. Others of course contribute a great deal- this is a great community which has been built with your sweat (and the other founders, moderators, etc.)

So in the end the Greenville, NC vs. Greenville, SC (much larger metro area) goes to NC. Enjoy your new HD locals out there on the coast! I hope we'll see ours in the Upstate area "soon".

CDH.

Well it looks like wednesday April 16 is the most likely date for NEW national HD channels. The two being mentioned(USA anf SciFi) will be very welcome. However, I still don't understand why Dish is being so mysterious about their time-frame.......why can't they distribute a list of channels and an expected launch date? I know technical issues will often delay these schedules, but subs would at least have an idea about the direction of future programming.
Come on DISH.....put your cards on the table!

Well it looks like wednesday April 16 is the most likely date for NEW national HD channels. The two being mentioned(USA anf SciFi) will be very welcome. However, I still don't understand why Dish is being so mysterious about their time-frame.......why can't they distribute a list of channels and an expected launch date? I know technical issues will often delay these schedules, but subs would at least have an idea about the direction of future programming.
Come on DISH.....put your cards on the table!

Well we will never know what the actual hold up is, but the only one it should be is if they are still negotiating.(Actually that should have been done a while back also) There shouldnt be any technical issues as they have been uplinked forever, so any problems should have been worked out long ago. But i agree with you, there should have been a better time frame than what was said @ the last chat. " Some of these hd channels should be up by the next chat(3 months away)" That translates into the now infamous SOON:(

The document I received was time stamped: Monday, April 07, 2008 5:56:14 PM.

It shows: channel and launch date (all HD)

110 satellite
USA 09-Apr-08
SCIFI 09-Apr-08

61.5 satellite
WRIC 9-Apr
WTVR 9-Apr
WWBT 9-Apr
WRLH 9-Apr
WFTS 9-Apr
WTSP 9-Apr
WFLA 9-Apr
WTVT 9-Apr
WEWS 9-Apr
WOIO 9-Apr
WKYC 9-Apr
WJW 9-Apr
WISN 9-Apr
WTMJ 9-Apr
WITI 9-Apr
WCTI 9-Apr
WNCT 9-Apr
WITN 9-Apr
WFXI 9-Apr
WZVN 9-Apr
WINK 9-Apr
WBBH 9-Apr
WFTX 9-Apr
WKOW 9-Apr
WISC 9-Apr
WMTV 9-Apr
WMSN 9-Apr

It also shows: (with no mention of HD for these)

110 satellite
CHILR 09-Apr-08
ASHOW 09-Apr-08

The below are the Cleveland Ohio stations, absent (PBS) WVIZ.

WEWS 9-Apr
WOIO 9-Apr
WKYC 9-Apr
WJW 9-Apr

Scott I like your site and your work is great. The problem your having is that Dish at this point does not know what will happen. If the sat launch went as it should we would have at least 12 new HD shows it did not and the folks at Dish are trying to get things going--in other words Dish is just as confussed as you

Scott, no problem here. I would like to finish my home theater upgrade with a 722 with EHD. Before I commit to two years I would like to see SIFI HD and USA HD along with others HD channels. If they don't come soon I couldn't balm you. After all, most of the stuff I have learned about E I learned here. I owe you and everyone here allot.
Thanks guys!!!

SatelliteGuys.US is a labor of love for me, I could have taken the large 6 digit offer, paid off my house, my cars and ridden off into the sunset. I opted not to because I love this place. A lot of you might think this is a goldmine, but let me let you in on a secret its not. In fact at the moment I owe our ISP $4,950 which is due on April 13th (these costs are additional costs because of the addition of the new server. ) I am paying this out of my own pocket as I did not want to increase the number of ads on the site. So if anyone says I am doing this for the money they are dead wrong.
Scott, I love what you do with the site but if someone offered you six-figures to buy SatelliteGuys.us then by all means I encourage you to sell. We will all be fine and shall find others ways to occupy our time, and you will be looking after the best interests of your family and finding other creative outlets.;)

Scott, I feel that everyone appreciates what you do to keep this site running and respects your honesty; Well except for one day a year! (April Fools Day) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)