A Question about DirecTV AM21 Off-Air Tuner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

shkarter1985

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 21, 2008
Greenwood, South Carolina
I like to ask you a question about the DirecTV AM21 off-air tuner. I know it's not capatable with HR23, but only for HR21 or HR22 HD DVRs, does it picks up over the air channels and intergraded on screen guide. For example if I put in my home zip code (29646 for example), would I get WYFF 4 (NBC), WSPA 7 (CBS), WLOS 13 (ABC), WHNS 21 (FOX) over the air? Does it only gets the channels you get over the air?

It actually IS compatable with the HR23's as well - have some clients with them & it works great.
Not sure what you mean by your last question - but it gets all the of the OTA channels in your market, as long as you can receive the signal in your particular location, as well as if it's been mapped in the guide data provided to D* by Tribune Media Services.

The AM21 works with the HR21/22/23 and the H21 and H23 receivers. As for what channels you'll receive it's all based on what DirecTV says you can get OTA for your zip code, the AM21 doesn't scan for channels like some other ATSC tuners. Of course that assumes that you have a good OTA signal and antenna so you can receive those stations.

The AM21 works with the HR21/22/23 and the H21 and H23 receivers. As for what channels you'll receive it's all based on what DirecTV says you can get OTA for your zip code, the AM21 doesn't scan for channels like some other ATSC tuners. Of course that assumes that you have a good OTA signal and antenna so you can receive those stations.

I have 2 H21s, The am21 doesn't show up in the equipment portion for purchase on my account. Can I call Directv and try to get them to sell it to me anyway?

I have 2 H21s, The am21 doesn't show up in the equipment portion for purchase on my account. Can I call Directv and try to get them to sell it to me anyway?

The AM21 only works with dvrs, IIRC.

This is probably because CE is test software, (unless this hotfix is national already) and CE software isnt publically released or talked about.

Was it a national software release or a CE? Rad didn't mention, so I assumed it was national.

This is probably because CE is test software, (unless this hotfix is national already) and CE software isnt publically released or talked about.

Was it a national software release or a CE? Rad didn't mention, so I assumed it was national.

Yes, it's been in the national release code for awhile now, along with enabling the ethernet port for Media Share and TVApps.

Yes, it's been in the national release code for awhile now, along with enabling the ethernet port for Media Share and TVApps.

Well then, thanks again for that information! :up

Always like & use the supporting companies as much as I can (SWM-8, cable supplies, etc..) but you're best bet here is to call DTV & negotiate a better price for the AM-21 as long as your account is in good standing. I've gotten them free all the way up to maybe $35.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)