A question for you installers out there.

Buy one of these:

commdeck_buy_box.jpg

well my question is "WHY IS THE DISH IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROOF???" it should be on the roof over hang, and therefor the cables would have never been ran down the roof???? ME personally I would have failed this QAS and made the installer re install it. If you have any disconcern as to how the dish was installed on your house, then you need to contact Dish and complain. From what I see in the photos, there are no service loops or a ground wire from the ground block.

From what I've gathered from the OP, they moved it there due to LOS issues. For all we know it was on the overhang originally. It's hard to tell from the pics but what is a guy supposed to do if he rolls up on a service call like this and that's the only place it can go? As a contractor, I'm sure as hell not going to put the thing on a pole and run new cable just to fix it. Even if I did want to take the time to get it coded as a reinstall, it wouldn't be worth it, (we get 50$ for a reinstall, be it a 1 room or a 6 room) I don't know how long it's going to take for people(customers and installers) to realize that this entire system is flawed and there is no way to make every single install 100% by the book perfect. It will NEVER happen.

EDIT: And just an aside, it's been a long time since I've tried to get a reinstall, but the last time I tried it ended up being a major ordeal. It took longer to get the w/o created than it did to do the actual work. NOT WORTH IT.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)