A question on D11 receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Patchen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
My wife and I recently moved into a new house due to a job promotion. This is a company house and already has equipment installed.

I took my receivers with me, and hooked everything up. Everything is fine, except when I try to watch locals on my standard def, D-11 receiver. I don't receiver them. They are channels 2-49, and when I go into my channel set-up, it starts at channel 51.

Any ideas? I've done a reauthorization through Directv's website.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Did you change your address through Directv too?

Sounds like you might be out of the spot beams for you local channels and they might have changed due to the move?

Should the channels be the same from where you are , to where you've moved?

Changed the address with Directv, and my locals are fine on both the HD and my HDDVR receiver, it's just the standard D11-100 that will not show the channels below 51. Channel 51 is a local by the way.

do you have a two dish set up at this new house or what? what you had at your OLD house may be differ from the new house sat set up... make sure your sat set up is the same as the set up that is installed at the current house.

i had a customer who had locals on all of his recievers except one... i looked at it and it was set on ONE dish set up rather than a two dish set up and his locals came back in.

One dish at both houses.

it does make a differnece on WHAT type of dish. you could have a ONE dish Multi-sat or a ONE dish 18 inch or a ONE dish Slimline.

its all listed in there.. take a pic of the dish and i could tell you what set up you need.. OR describe it to me. it will most likely say SLIMLINE, or MULTI-SAT or just a plan one LNB dish 18'

Did you change your address through Directv too?

Sounds like you might be out of the spot beams for you local channels and they might have changed due to the move?

Should the channels be the same from where you are , to where you've moved?

i should mention that once you repeat sat setup.. and youre suppose to have locals, sometimes doing a repeat setup will auto change the local stations to fit that beam. not always work that way but worth a try. if not. call D* and they will authorize it to that ZIP code locals.

however to the original post... its working except that ONE recievers...

ALSO to NOTE!!! if the dish is a Slimline KAKU3... you will have to repeat sat set up on that D11 regardless and HD and HDDVR will auto tune most times, ive been lucky not have to do set up from a KAKU5 to a KAKU3 but SD do have to be repeat set up on 100% recievers that are SD that i know of.

My locals changed from national feed to a local feed. I use to be on the New York City feeds, now I'm on the Buffalo new york feed.

I have a one dish multi dish 5 lnb.

I don't know if this will make a difference or not, but on my two hd receivers they both say, 5lnb multi-sat dish and on my standard receiver it says 18" even though it's not.

Sorry I lied, and I don't know if this is normal or not, but all three of my receivers say a different thing under satellite for what type of satellite we have. I'm pretty sure it's the 5 lnb multidish.

My locals changed from national feed to a local feed. I use to be on the New York City feeds, now I'm on the Buffalo new york feed.

I have a one dish multi dish 5 lnb.

I don't know if this will make a difference or not, but on my two hd receivers they both say, 5lnb multi-sat dish and on my standard receiver it says 18" even though it's not.

lied or not.. just change your D11 to SLIMLINE 5 and be done with it... make sure you dont select SlimLine5 (SWM) bc you prob dont have that set up. ur reciever is saying that its set up for a 18 inch dish where you need to change it to a KaKu5 and it will bring your locals back.

MAjority of local networks are now on KaKu5 (core programming with spanish) or KaKu3 now. (99 or 103) so i dont think theres any more 2 dish market unless there are some still active... which i doubt.

Last edited:
you rock!

Seriously, you are awesome. I've been on the phone with D* tech support twice today. The first guy had me so angry I wanted to scream. He kept telling me I had to get a new HD receiver, and he was going to be nice and only charge me $99 for it and it would only add one year to my lease.

Do you work for D* or are you a generally great guy who helps people out, out of the kindness of your heart?

I really appreciate your help, it is working and I really appreciate it.

Last edited:
I don't mean to be rude, but I get so frustrated with the customer service you get over phones. "Justin" the second guy I spoke with tonight, just kept saying "umm...hold on another minute, and then sent a reauthorization and then said, well, we'll have to schedule a tech to come out."

You fixed my problem with very little info and extremely quickly. Thank you!

Do you work for D* or are you a generally great guy who helps people out, out of the kindness of your heart?

I really appreciate your help, it is working and I really appreciate it.

now its working.. i have to charge you 300.00 for my generous time.. JUST KIDDING!! :D

yes I do work for Directv. Im a tech in the South Dakota area. that pic of my avatar is my "truck" van This is what this site is for, help ya out fixyour problems. i hate talking to CSRs too but i have to sometimes when i need a reauthorization and believe me, ive been on hold for 45 minutes before just to do a simple press of a button on a computer.

come here before you call!! we have actual techs here. the only thing Id say to call CSR is billings or change programming.. how to fix something would be best to ask here.

youre most welcome and its a simple fix wasnt it? some CSR's know what they are talking about, and some have NO clue!

StoneCold is a CSR and avid person on here, but i believe hes in the Billings Dept so im not sure, but he sure does know how to fix or help ya out too. (if im correct about that part)

Seriously, you are awesome. I've been on the phone with D* tech support twice today. The first guy had me so angry I wanted to scream. He kept telling me I had to get a new HD receiver, and he was going to be nice and only charge me $99 for it and it would only add one year to my lease.

well i can see why he said that.. SD recievers will eventually die out... you will eventually have to get a HD standard sometime soon.

it doesnt hurt to upgrade to HD standard some day soon. D10 will eventually fade out and wont recieve any more update softwares. Not trying to scare you but just like how OLD RCAs are dying out, there are RARE customers that still have RCAs!!!! so id keep your D10 as long as you can til its not functional and then upgrade to a HD.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts