Ilya

XXI Century Explorer
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 16, 2004
NE OH
My daughter borrowed an XBox for the holiday break. It has those cordless remotes (controllers, or whatever you call them - pardon my ignorance :)).
They are currently charged, but she didn't bring the charger. So I am concerned that they may not last long enough.
How long do they usually last on a single charge? And what do we need in order to recharge them?
Also, it looks to me like some other types of batteries can be used in place of those rechargeable ones, but I think some sort of adapter might be required for that.
Any thoughts?.

The controllers just use AA batteries. Alternately, you can get the a charger for around 20 bucks. It plugs into the Xbox and charges the controller but allows you to play with it while charging.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Play-Charge-Kit/dp/B000B6MLS2/ref=pd_bbs_sr_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1229992071&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: Xbox 360 Play & Charge Kit: Video Games[/ame]

I am not sure how to use AA batteries in it. When I remove the rechargeable battery there is nothing left there to hold the AA's in place. Something must be missing.

I'm sure others may disagree, but my son hasn't had a problem with just using Dollar General AA batteries.
It's a trade-off... Spend a fair amount more for name-brand batteries that last a little longer or buy the $1/pk batteries and just buy more of them. We were at a wedding and forgot to charge our re-chargeable batteries and they ended up dieing on us. There happened to be a Family Dollar nearby so I walked over and bought AA batteries for our digicam. The first (2) batteries lasted for ... (16) pictures !!

So, there's no right or wrong battery to use (for anything). As typical, you get what you pay for. ;)

I am not sure how to use AA batteries in it. When I remove the rechargeable battery there is nothing left there to hold the AA's in place. Something must be missing.
Are these Microsoft controllers or aftermarket ? Is this an original XBox or an Xbox 360 ?

The rechargable battery pack replaces the original battery cover,so if Xbox rechargeable pack is in the controller now, you won't be able to use regular batteries since there will be nothing to put them in. The rechargable pack comes with a cord that will charge while you play, but it sounds like you don't have it available.

Are these Microsoft controllers or aftermarket ? Is this an original XBox or an Xbox 360 ?
It's an XBox 360 with a 120 GB drive and HDMI. Microsoft controllers (they have a hologram) I don't know if the battery pack is original though. It says "PowerPack" inside.

The rechargable battery pack replaces the original battery cover,so if Xbox rechargeable pack is in the controller now, you won't be able to use regular batteries since there will be nothing to put them in. The rechargable pack comes with a cord that will charge while you play, but it sounds like you don't have it available.
That's what I was afraid of...

So, how long does it last on one charge?

Either one of this should work for you. [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Play-Charge-Kit/dp/B000B6MLS2/ref=acc_glance_vg_ai_842_1_tit"]Play Charge Kit[/ame] [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Quick-Charge-Kit/dp/B000EYF88G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1230057159&sr=8-1"]Quick Charge Kit[/ame]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)