A-Rod to the Yankees?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Rumors Rumors and Andymon must be pretty happy about this latest one. I have read that deal would send Soriano, Contreras plus a minor leaguer to Texas. Texas in return will send A-Rod to the Yankees where is willing to play 3rd base and will pay part of the salary. If I were the Yanks, I will not do it. I will only do it if it was a straight deal A-Rod for Soriano. If it includes a major league pitcher plus minor leagues, I would let A-Rod suffer in Texas. What do you think?

I do not like the Yankees that much but I really like Alex Rodriguez so I guess if they are picking him up I will have to like the Yankees a bit more than what I have in the past.

At this point the Yanks have pretty much depleted their farm system of top pitching prospects so who cares if they give the Rangers a minor leaguer? No big whoop. The question now is how much of A-Rod's salary are they (Texas) willing to eat? Soriano will be a bargain for them since he's going to make 5.4 million this year and I believe he's signed through 2004 but is eligible for arbitration through 2006. I don't mind seeing him go since he's a defensive liability, undisciplined and he hardly acquitted himself well during the World Series. A-Rod is 28 and Soriano is 26; both have many productive years ahead of them. I think it's a great deal for the Yanks especially since A-Rod is willing to play third base. Now they have to find themselves an All Star second baseman :yes
I'd think that Boston, the team and it's fans, would absolutely flip out if this deal comes to fruition. :eek:

The Yankees are paying a lot of money for not a whole lot of improvement. This isnt the disaster that some make it out to be. It's a good improvement but not a great improvement, offensively. It certainly isn't an improvement over what they had before Boone was injured (Boone + Soriano vs Rodriguez + Wilson/ Cairo / Almonte.)

It doesn't improve short defensively (assuming he plays third), it's not that much of an improvement at third over Boone (if at all) so, as far as improvement for the Yankees defensively, it comes down to how big an improvement Enrique Wilson, Miguel Cairo and/or Erick Almonte are at second over Soriano.

Well, the newspapers are saying the deal is done and A-Rod will move to third! What a bargain!!! Texas will pay some of his salary and will get Soriano. I hate to see Soriano go but a Soriano for A-Rod deal is no brainer!!!! Boston and Mets fans must be having nightmares today!!!

If you're a Yankee fan you've gotta love this deal. A-Rod is arguably the best player in baseball. How can that not improve your team? Soriano is erratic and undisciplined albeit with a lot of talent but a definite defensive liability. A-Rod has the physical prowess to be a great third baseman, I have no doubt. Any combination at second will be an improvement defensively. When all is said and done, the lineup is pretty formidable. Bring on the Sox. Hell, bring on all comers :yes:yes:yes
The best team money can buy. :cool::smug:haha:clap:bow:lick:bounce

Hey! This deal is done! I was talking to a friend of mine about to some games this year and said that I was not going. Now that Alex is coming to the NYY, I have to go to the stadium. I am not a Yankee fan but I love baseball and here in NY Yankees or Mets fans will die for their teams. Now, I can't wait for the season to start.

When you do not like the Yankees much and see one of your favorite players goes there it really makes you think. As long as it is the best thing for Alex Rodriguez then its all good but I think in a way its for the better of the Yankees than for Alex. Perhaps that is what makes someone more of a Yankees fan, when more of your favorite players start going there.

I think he's talking about the Yank's pitching staff. If you break it down, here is the starting staff:

Mike Mussina
Jose Contreras
Javier Vasquez
Kevin Brown ?????
Jon Lieber ????

I think the first three will be solid. The last two are health risk. The bullpen is one the best.

Mariano Rivera
"Flash" Gordon
Quantril
G. White
S. Karsay
Herreida

The line up (this is what will make them good)

K. lofton
D. Jeter
A. Rodriguez
Giambi
Scheiffer
Williams
Matsui
Posada
(2nd base: cairo, wilson, whomever)

In writing all this looks like a team that should make it to the playoff but they still need to go and play the games. There are the injuries factor and how well a team can respond. All in all this is a winning team in paper.

Yes I meant the Yankees pitching staff, but that's one hell'uva line up guys like Matsui and Posada batting 7th and 8th, if they stay healthy watch out everyone.
But when all is said and done pitching is the most important thing.
Born and raised in NYC!! Go Yanks!!! :D

rcbridge said:
Yes I meant the Yankees pitching staff, but that's one hell'uva line up guys like Matsui and Posada batting 7th and 8th, if they stay healthy watch out everyone.
But when all is said and done pitching is the most important thing.
Born and raised in NYC!! Go Yanks!!! :D
I was born in Queens, but have spent time in Connecticut, Boston, Detroit, and Now here in the D/FW Metroplex.

Now, I wish the Rangers would get some pitching. (I'm predicting that the 2004 version will be like the 2001-2003
version, last place :no ),

I'd love to be proved wrong.

LER

I was listening to M. Kay on Espn Radio and he broke down the deal. Alex still has $179 million that it is owed to him. The Texas Rangers will pay $62 million in the deal with the Yankees. This means that the Yankees will pay $16.7 million per year (over 7 years). This is where get interested. Soriano is making $4.5 million this year. They just save $12 million from Drew Henson leaving to play Football and Aaron Boone will be released out of his $5 million because he breached his contract. If you do the math, the Yankees will pay this year $750,000 to Alex to play third base. For the next 6 years, they will pay $14.5 to $15 million per years because $1 million dollars that will be deferred until 2011 without any interests. Are the Yankees smart or not? and how can they pass on this deal?

FWIW, the deal (A-Rod for Soriano and a player to be named later) is DONE.
I got a note on the Rangers breaking news list.

C'est la Vie.

LER
(Sitting in Dallas expecting another cellar dwelling season).

It sucks to be a Ranger fan. We've got the biggest bunch of idiots running this club since the group in Boston that traded Ruth. I'm officially throwing out all my Ranger stuff. Can I bandwagon on someone else's team? Please, I need a real baseball team to follow.

:river

melvis1907 said:
It sucks to be a Ranger fan. We've got the biggest bunch of idiots running this club since the group in Boston that traded Ruth. I'm officially throwing out all my Ranger stuff. Can I bandwagon on someone else's team? Please, I need a real baseball team to follow.

:river

How 'bout the Yanks!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)