A-Rod to the Yankees?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Mota said:
How 'bout the Yanks!!! :p

I can't do the yankees! My nemisis - no way. I was raised to hate them so becoming a yankee fan would be impossible, besides, I love to hate them. I guess I'll just default back to the A's, they were my favorites before the Senators moved to Texas.

I have played Legion ball and I ave coached a kids team or 2. (I am no Joe Torre) but I do know this....You Field the best TEAM possible. A-Rod hasn't been on a winner....YET! 3rd base is more of a reactionary position, and IMO putting A-Rod or Jeter there takes away from their natural athletic abilities. Jeter moves great to his right and picks up alot of balls from there. It means he would be awesome at 2nd base. He might not have the rings and pennents Jeter has but he does have better range to his left and better leather then Jeter. Also the reason he doesn't have the rings and so on, and Texas has been perennial cellar dwellers is the TEAM around him. One player doesn't make a TEAM. Jeter has had a cast of greats around him throughout his career A-Rod hasn't.
When I say I'm thinking with my head and not my heart I want you to know this, Derek Jeter is one my favorite ballplayers and he will be until he retires. (just like the Mick, Turman, & Mattingly) But I know when someone is a better player defensively too!

John, all this talk is making Jeter seem like a lousy SS. He's not at all. While not the SS that A-Rod is he's been good enough to win 4 WS rings while playing there. Not a slouch by any means.
A-Rod has the qick reactions necessary to play third. His ability to move to his left will allow Jeter to play closer to second, further closing the left side of the infield. I don't think the left side of the infield will be one of their defensive weak points <G> The outfield, on the other hand.......
Don't even mention first base (unless Giambi DH's)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)