A Setup question - 2 Vip722k's + Dish500 DPP Twin + Dish300 Single LNB Dual-Output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BigBoots02

Original poster
Aug 12, 2012
California
Hi everyone, first-timer here. I have a question regarding the two setups below. I'm trying to figure out if including a DPP44 switch is necessary for the ability on both my receivers to record a channel while watching another?
Also, are the two setups shown below accurate? I'm believe I'm subscribed to the complete HD lineup with Dish. I just mapped these out in mspaint and hope they're ok.

If the second setup is needed, is it safe to assume I can put the DPP44 between either receiver separator and the DPP44 switch:

Please let me know - this is the first time I'm attempting to install sat equipment on my own.

Proposed Initial Setup w/o DPP44 switch:

ProposedInitialSetup.png

Proposed Setup w/ DPP44 switch:

ProposedSetupWithDPP44.png

Thank you :)

Then yes, you should be fine with the setup. You may get faster results if you try pointing for 129 without going through the Dish500 by using a direct line to one of the receivers, make sure you clear the matrix (run check switch without coax connected to any dish, point to 129 for your best signal. Once you have it fine tuned, connect the 500 back with the 300 connected to the in on the DPP lnb. Once done, run check switch on both receivers and you should be done.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts