A special shout out to MaryB of the DIRT and John Rosales, DISH Tech

dendavis

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 10, 2003
Metro Denver
I had been burning through 722K boxes at what I thought was an unusual rate, was getting less than a year out of each one. Even bought a couple new ones from Claude, just to avoid the rebuilt ones, if that were the problem. Had just changed out the living room 'k' May 1, when the one in the family room, which was replaced last September, went out May 30th. So I did the usual call to DISH, ended up getting a replacement box ordered for delivery Friday, June 1. I then sent a PM to MaryB of the DIRT, expressing my concern over what I felt was the high "burn rate" of the 722K. She suggested a tech visit to the house, which she would set up. I figured it would probably be the best course of action, so she set it up for Saturday morning.

Had a great service call Saturday. The DISH tech, John Rosales, from the Whittier office, was outstanding. Arrived on time, called first; very pleasant, exceptional competence. He explained all the things he would be doing, and then what he found. Seems that when, several years ago, I had the dish moved from its location because some reconstruction work needed to be done on the roof near the mounting site, DISH sent out a private contractor to relocate the dish. I remember when it happened, it was a cold, winter day (even southern CA can get a bit testy), and he didn't seem to be having a lot of fun. Anyway, John found some questionable workmanship in the wiring from the LNBF, incorrect grounding, and some corrosion on the outside cables. He rebuilt the whole dish array, including a new dish, LBNF, and wiring. I had just received the replacement 722K late the day before his visit, so I let him do the changeout of the boxes. Glad I did, the replacement unit turned out to be a lemon, kept rebooting itself. John only had a straight 722 on his truck, so he called around to find another tech who might have a 'K' unit on his truck, found one about a thirty minute drive away, went over and picked it up. Once he was done, the system booted up correctly, and has never looked so good, even the second 722K box is producing a better-looking picture, it seems. He said the bad connections were likely sending too much voltage into the dvr's, which was burning out the components, hence the short life span of the boxes.

So, a positive comment for the DIRT and for the DISH tech. Having been with DISH since 1994, I am quite happy to give credit where it is due:)

I had been burning through 722K boxes at what I thought was an unusual rate, was getting less than a year out of each one. Even bought a couple new ones from Claude, just to avoid the rebuilt ones, if that were the problem. Had just changed out the living room 'k' May 1, when the one in the family room, which was replaced last September, went out May 30th. So I did the usual call to DISH, ended up getting a replacement box ordered for delivery Friday, June 1. I then sent a PM to MaryB of the DIRT, expressing my concern over what I felt was the high "burn rate" of the 722K. She suggested a tech visit to the house, which she would set up. I figured it would probably be the best course of action, so she set it up for Saturday morning.

Had a great service call Saturday. The DISH tech, John Rosales, from the Whittier office, was outstanding. Arrived on time, called first; very pleasant, exceptional competence. He explained all the things he would be doing, and then what he found. Seems that when, several years ago, I had the dish moved from its location because some reconstruction work needed to be done on the roof near the mounting site, DISH sent out a private contractor to relocate the dish. I remember when it happened, it was a cold, winter day (even southern CA can get a bit testy), and he didn't seem to be having a lot of fun. Anyway, John found some questionable workmanship in the wiring from the LNBF, incorrect grounding, and some corrosion on the outside cables. He rebuilt the whole dish array, including a new dish, LBNF, and wiring. I had just received the replacement 722K late the day before his visit, so I let him do the changeout of the boxes. Glad I did, the replacement unit turned out to be a lemon, kept rebooting itself. John only had a straight 722 on his truck, so he called around to find another tech who might have a 'K' unit on his truck, found one about a thirty minute drive away, went over and picked it up. Once he was done, the system booted up correctly, and has never looked so good, even the second 722K box is producing a better-looking picture, it seems. He said the bad connections were likely sending too much voltage into the dvr's, which was burning out the components, hence the short life span of the boxes.

So, a positive comment for the DIRT and for the DISH tech. Having been with DISH since 1994, I am quite happy to give credit where it is due:)

Excellent post! glad you got your problem fixed.It is also good you posted the results, as there may be others who are having the same problem.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts