A/V transmitter/receiver

stancafe

Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Hello to everyone. I just bought a small house in the mountain, but the cable TV operator refused to install their system there even that i agreed to pay all their expenses. Now im looking for a wireless solution, that will transmit all channels to the receiver in a distance of 3 Miles. Is there any such product, if yes whats it their name or website.
I've found a product from "5.8GHz Wireless 8-Channel Indoor Audio /Video System - RF-Link USA" (www (dot) rflinkusa.com/products_AVS5808.html) that claims to archive up to 7 Km (4 miles) with good antenna, but im not a geek, so i need a professional help. Can i do it or not. Does these products transmitt all the channels of the cable operator orjust a single channel. Please help its urgent :) and thank you in advance :up

Looks like it has been a while since you posted, with no answers. I have not come to this forum before, so..... Anyway, if you are in the mountains and need to run a long way on cable, you may be talking up to $100.00 per foot! Especially if they have not purchased right of way for the cable. (I am over 9 miles past the end of cable right of way.) Engineering time charges are added to that. That is why I visited the FTA forums and went with FREE to Air - NON SUBCRIPTION TV. If you have any line of sight to the south, FTA may be the answer for you. Most of the wireless repeaters, like you are looking at, also need a clear path, line of site. no to very few tree branches, and NO hills between. Visit the FTA forum and see if we can help over there.

First of all, the device you posted ain't gonna work for what you're wanting it to do.

But a stupid question - why don't you just get satellite TV??? :confused:
(you don't say anything about internet or phone, so I'm assuming you're just wanting TV, no?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts