A week away

Status
Please reply by conversation.

turbosat

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 26, 2006
Oneonta,AL
Glad to be 'reconnected' this afternoon, after the big storms Monday night down here my internet has been down. No damage at my place, but tornado touched down about a half mile away , and skipped along moving northeast, blowing down trees and power lines, phone lines in several spots. All of those within my county, served by the local telco/dsl service. Lucky the outage didn't last more than it did, I'm supposing. More to the point though, no deaths from this storm in my locale but several homes destroyed, lots of utility damage & property destroyed. I surely did miss my news and Titan=tv on the net!

Glad to know that you are ok. When had very high winds hear Monday night, but no tornadoes touched down in the county. Had some minor twisters in surrounding areas.

Glad you missed the major part of the storms!! Many didn't!! That makes the loss of the internet for a few days very insignificant in the grand scheme of things. ;) Glad you're back!!

Turbo, The EF3 tornado that hit just north of you in Athens missed my house by just under a mile. We ended up with a couple of trees down and out of power for nine days. Sadly two people lost their lives only two miles from me. We took a direct hit from a strong EF1 just three months ago. Hopefully the weather patterns change for the better and we see a lull in tornado outbreaks for a while.

Status
Please reply by conversation.