AMIKO A3 One channel, video only, then dead. Had to power cycle.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

chc59

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 31, 2007
Dalton, Ohio
Turned on A3 last night. Got video but no audio on channel that I had left it on the previous evening. Changed channel, same sat. No video or audio. Changed to several other channels. Same result. Went back to original channel. Nothing. Pushing RCU buttons at random looking for some life. At some point in there, got an onscreen message that the program was not running. ??? Changed sat. Nothing. No movement. Went back to original sat. No video or audio on any channel. Would not shut down. Unplugged, waited about 30 seconds, and replugged. Nada. Did this about 4 more times. On the fifth try, it came back to life and worked great, good audio and video on different sats, until I shut it down for the night.
Do I have a bad unit? I'm relatively new to the A3. Couldn't find anything in the forums. Any similar experiences out there? Suggestions for a quick restart should it happen again? Just one of those computer things? Or? Or?
Joe

Doubt that it is anything too serious. Might just take some trouble shooting if it occurs again.

This has happened to me through the years on many STBs. Sometimes there is a particular channel that will cause a problem and other times it is a glitch. Keep an eye on it. If it happens again, try to determine if there is anything similar between the events. Sometimes a reset and/or a firmware reload is in order to clear bad data.

Keep us updated to your findings!

Turned on A3 tonight, locked up on BOOT. Power cycled and restarted OK.

I do backups to HDD and to flash drive any day I make a change of some sort, no matter how small.

Joe

If it does this tomorrow night I would reinstall firmware then restore your stuff. What version of the firmware are you running?

Firmware is 2.0.61 dtd 10/20/14

Locked up tonight 20% into a Ku Blindscan. Power recycle fixed it. Then ran 100% Blindscan.

If you have an external USB drive attached, disconnect and see if issues continue without the HDD attached. If the issies continue, complete restore to the original North American back-up.

Do not restore to current back-up as this may reintroduce corrupt data. Update to current ROM, run Eurotrash app then rescan sats.

Reactions: dougruss