AAA discount?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

callmebob

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
US
So if my wife signs up for DirecTV over the internet, can she the call prior to install and add the AAA discount or can you only get the AAA discount at the time of ordering? I'd prefer to order online so I can add notes for the installer and I'd like to be able to print screens so there is no question about what was on my order.

I ordered service 2 years ago. At the time, I had to call a special 800 number to get the AAA discount. Not sure if it is still that way.

Yeah, I knew they had a special phone number, I was just hoping that we could sign up online and the call. I can also get Bing cash back signing up online, so I was hoping to go that route, then my wife can call later and say that we forgot about the AAA discount and have it applied, prior to me even having installation. Is this possible, or is it like the referral program where it has to be done upfront?

You cannot do it online. Over the phone only. And any discounts you want have to be entered at the time of the order and not after.

You cannot do it online. Over the phone only. And any discounts you want have to be entered at the time of the order and not after.

So there's no way to combine Bing and AAA with DirecTV?

I looked everywhere and couldn't find anyway to do combine BING and AAA.

I wanted to combine BEST BUY and BING and found that once I started going though the selecting my packages and equipment in the BEST BUY DirecTV store, it would by default go to there when I tried to place a DirecTV order....even if I went from the DirecTV website.

So, I just went to BING, did the search, clicked the link, and it took me to the Best Buy DirecTV store and below that had the 40% BING cashback box. I have $208 Pending cashback! You can even CHEAT in a referral by going to the referral page, typing in your friend's acct #, and then it will show up in your Best Buy order.

Technically I'm stacking 3 referrals. But one, BING, it doesn't appear as if DirecTV even recognizes that one (at least the CSR supervisor didn't see it, though BING does). Best Buy, which they do recognize. Lastly, the refer a friend, which is still on my order which is no longer PENDING. I was warned that it could disappear after it left pending by someone else here, but that doesn't appear to have happened.

Called a DirecTV supervisor can confirmed the order was a Best Buy retail partner order afterwards, which should mean my Best Buy $350 in gift card should go through as well. ($50 signing up, $300 buying a $499+ HDTV). BING shows I'll be getting cashback in 30 some days, and the referral again is still showing on my account which installs tomorrow.

Until everything has gone though, it's a YMMV.

IF AAA had a web page, you could probably make it happen the same way. Without it, no way. Everything I read is the AAA is phone only (same with the Dan Patrick promo) and hence not click-thru-able with BING.

PM me if you need any help....or we can do Instant messaging as well

GOOD LUCK!

Jason

Last edited:
That's great! I am disappointed I didn't figure all of that out. Did it all work? Did you also buy the HDTV online when you placed the order? What happened to your posts on the other site?

I looked everywhere and couldn't find anyway to do combine BING and AAA.

I wanted to combine BEST BUY and BING and found that once I started going though the selecting my packages and equipment in the BEST BUY DirecTV store, it would by default go to there when I tried to place a DirecTV order....even if I went from the DirecTV website.

So, I just went to BING, did the search, clicked the link, and it took me to the Best Buy DirecTV store and below that had the 40% BING cashback box. I have $208 Pending cashback! You can even CHEAT in a referral by going to the referral page, typing in your friend's acct #, and then it will show up in your Best Buy order.

Technically I'm stacking 3 referrals. But one, BING, it doesn't appear as if DirecTV even recognizes that one (at least the CSR supervisor didn't see it, though BING does). Best Buy, which they do recognize. Lastly, the refer a friend, which is still on my order which is no longer PENDING. I was warned that it could disappear after it left pending by someone else here, but that doesn't appear to have happened.

Called a DirecTV supervisor can confirmed the order was a Best Buy retail partner order afterwards, which should mean my Best Buy $350 in gift card should go through as well. ($50 signing up, $300 buying a $499+ HDTV). BING shows I'll be getting cashback in 30 some days, and the referral again is still showing on my account which installs tomorrow.

Until everything has gone though, it's a YMMV.

IF AAA had a web page, you could probably make it happen the same way. Without it, no way. Everything I read is the AAA is phone only (same with the Dan Patrick promo) and hence not click-thru-able with BING.

PM me if you need any help....or we can do Instant messaging as well

GOOD LUCK!

Jason

That's great! I am disappointed I didn't figure all of that out. Did it all work? Did you also buy the HDTV online when you placed the order? What happened to your posts on the other site?

Hello,

I had a post here too about combining the three promos.....BING...Best Buy....Referral.....that I posted about a month ago. I don't think anyone, or maybe a couple of lurkers, really took advantage of it. Of course there is

All my posts on the other site got nuked.

Here's the post about the status of my discounts/rebates/etc.....

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/219051-my-install-discounts-my-first-bill.html

No, I bought the TV about 3 days after I did my 40% BING DirecTV order @ Best Buy's DirecTV store. BING had 20% on regular Best Buy purchases for like a day. It was sweet. RIGHT NOW you get 3% back on bestbuy.com purchases. 95%+ of the time it's 0%. FYI,,,,it is impossible to order a TV and DirecTV service on the same order. The terms on the rebate form state nothing about needing to be purchased at the same time....just both in the period of time of the rebate.

Everything seems good so far. My $208 BING cashback for my initial order hardware and install fees and my $140 BCB for my TV purchase both pay out in about 30 days. They are listed in my BING cashback account just waiting for the 60 days to pass.

I called and talked to a customer service supervisor to confirm my order shows it was purchased from a Best Buy.....she said it shows Retail Partner 3 - which she said it Best Buy. Since I JUST had it installed on Friday, I have not mailed in my Best Buy rebate.

And the REFERRAL showed up on my first bill. Stonecold was VERY concerned that it would not be on my first bill since I bought it though a "partner"....the same way you can't use a referral if you'd buy thru a local DirecTV reseller, since they are the referrer. But it's there! :) :) Now I need to find a couple people to refer.

Did that all make sense? What did you order and get for promotions?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts