AAD Distant Nets

there place which only allow 1 Dish out side the house

Any place that says you can only have "1 Dish out side the house" is violating the OTARD rules:
Q: Can a restriction limit the number of antennas that may be installed at a particular location?
The Commission’s rule covers the antennas necessary to receive service. Therefore, a local rule may not, for example, allow only one antenna if more than one antenna is necessary to receive the desired service.

Kheldar seems to be saying that means you can have one for DiSH Network, one for AAD, one for DIRECTV and one for OTA.

If it takes that many companies' antennas "to receive the desired service", then that is exactly what the rule states. In a rental situation, of course, you are limited to the area that is considered "exclusive use or control of the tenant".

But I was originally talking about multiple dishes for the same service, in response to the "place which only allow 1 Dish out side the house". If multiple dishes/antennas from the same service are necessary "to receive the desired service", then they are covered by the OTARD rules.

Last edited:
DiSH Network and AAD are not the same service unless you are referring to Television in general.

Good gravy. When did I suggest they were the same service?

Why does it matter if they are the same service or not?

The rule states you can have as many antennas as you need "to receive the desired service". The rule doesn't limit your "desired service" to one company. If your "desired service" includes DishNet, AAD and DirecTV, then you are legally allowed to install as many dishes and antennas as are necessary to recieve all of those services.

I never suggested that AAD and DishNet are the same service. I was saying if your "desired service" includes AAD and DishNetwork, you are legally entitled to install all the dishes necessary to receive both AAD and DishNetwork.

That's all I said. I never implied that AAD and DishNet were the "same service".

Did AAD have a price decrease? They just ran their monthly charge on my cc,and it was 25.98 instead of the normal 37 or 38 it usually is. I hope it's not a partial month charge, and they are going to take them away or go out of biz in less than a month.
Never mind. Just checked the site and they have gone down in price.

Last edited:
ADD Prices

https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/pricing.php

SD Channel (single coast) - $3.49/mo
SD Channel (both coasts) - $3.99/mo
All 4 SD Nets (single coast) - $12.99/mo
All 4 SD Nets (both coasts) - $14.99/mo

HD Channel (single coast) - $4.99/mo
HD Channel (both coasts) - $9.98/mo
All 4 HD Nets (single coast) - $18.99/mo
All 4 HD Nets (both coasts) - $37.98/mo

Though I think the pricing page is not updated yet, as the qualifier page shows me the following:
HD Channel (single coast) - $3.49/mo
All 4 HD Nets (single coast) - $12.99/mo

Last edited:
Iceberg how would you hook a LNB up to an eastern arc to get 110 or 119 without adding another dish? Is it possible?
Thanks
Jay

There are a bunch of channels on Western Arc that are not on EA. Like Ion west, AAD, etc. It seems like everything on EA is on WA.

AAD Prices

ADD Prices

https://www.mydistantnetworks.com/pricing.php

SD Channel (single coast) - $3.49/mo
All 4 SD Nets (single coast) - $12.99/mo

HD Channel (single coast) - $4.99/mo
HD Channel (both coasts) - $9.98/mo
All 4 HD Nets (single coast) - $18.99/mo
All 4 HD Nets (both coasts) - $37.98/mo

Though I think the pricing page is not updated yet, as the qualifier page shows me the following:
HD Channel (single coast) - $3.49/mo
All 4 HD Nets (single coast) - $12.99/mo

I can confirm the All 4 HD Nets (single coast) - $12.99/mo as I was checkig my credit card statement and called to confirm that the 12.99 was correct

Quite a drop from 18.99/mo and a pleasant suprise:)

There are a bunch of channels on Western Arc that are not on EA. Like Ion west, AAD, etc. It seems like everything on EA is on WA.

Since the distants are through AAD and not Dish they are exempt

other than Ion West find me a English Standard Definition channel that is on WA only

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)