ABC and FOX NY HD feeds have a bad signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

footballfreak

Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
I have the Fox NY and ABC NY HD feeds. The only problem is the HD shows are jumpy and the mouths move before words are pronounced (kind of like a Kung Fu movie). I have tried unplugging and rebooting my system but that doesnt work. I have also tried changing transponders. Also my ESPN, Universal HD, Discovery HD, and HD net all come in perfectly fine. It is just the NY HD feeds. Please advise to a solution or what the problem is.

footballfreak said:
I have the Fox NY and ABC NY HD feeds. The only problem is the HD shows are jumpy and the mouths move before words are pronounced (kind of like a Kung Fu movie). I have tried unplugging and rebooting my system but that doesnt work. I have also tried changing transponders. Also my ESPN, Universal HD, Discovery HD, and HD net all come in perfectly fine. It is just the NY HD feeds. Please advise to a solution or what the problem is.

I don't have this. Could you be part of this issue: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=485398

I'm having the same problem only on 86 ABCE. I just got the 360 and dish today. I called D* and they have escalated it to lvl3. I am expecting a call back tomorrow the 13th.

Denman007 said:
I'm having the same problem only on 86 ABCE. I just got the 360 and dish today. I called D* and they have escalated it to lvl3. I am expecting a call back tomorrow the 13th.

Not to ruin your day, but the callback won't get you far. It's a bug in the receiver. It doesn't handled pre-recorded material shot in 24 frames per second well at all. Live stuff like football which is 60 fps is fine. Welcome to the club. I don't know how D* gets away with releasing this kind of product.

Talked to level 2 CSR

She told me they were working with Samsung to upload a fix into the receivers and then the customer will have to reset the receiver. The only problem is she couldn't tell me how long it would be, if a fix will actually occur, and there will not be a notice sent out informing you of the upload. If we operated like this where I work, I would be called onto the floor. Anyhow, I am going to call Samsung first thing in the morning. I dont like paying for junk.

I was having the same problem with my samsung tonight watching CSI on CBS. I noticed it last night. tonight it was having like a double voice to it. I have a older model then the 360 and this is the first problem. I will be calling tomorrow as well.

Called Samsung

They say there is nothibng wrong with the 360...its a problem with the networks. They advised I try the receiver at Best Buy on one of there TV's to see if there is a problem. HD programming doesn't come on until late evening and I am not going to Best Buy. I can not get any satisfaction un@#$%@# believable!!!!!

Well to followup, D* never called back.

Since Fox didn't have a HD program last night, I wasn't able to see that 88 gives me the same problem as 86. I hope the football games come in ok.

Should I try buying another receiver?

I will be calling D* on the weekend.

Wow this duke/ncst game on epsn hd 73 is awesome...can't wait for the NFL broadcasts.

Looks like though, I should have waited another 6 months to purchase HD equipment. Maybe they would have had the bugs out. $2500 worth of equipment and I can get 1 channel, CBS, clearly, without any additional cost. I have the D* HD package free for a few months.

Research is always a great asset. I have heard some horror stories from friends that have the Samsung HD receiver. If you complain enough you should be able to get D* to swap it for a new DTC-210 for you to try out.

I had the same problem with the Samsung 360. :mad: Talked with tech support and after a couple of calls got them to send me a DTC-210. Installed the 210 last night and everything is working great. :D Hope they get a fix for the 360, if not I know the 210 will fix the problem, at least it did for me.

Like I said before I have an older Samsung then the 360 and have been having the problem. Tonight it was also messing up on UPN during WWE Smackdown and on NBC during ER. This is rediculous. i am going to call and complain again tomorrow....

Ragnar said:
I had the same problem with the Samsung 360. :mad: Talked with tech support and after a couple of calls got them to send me a DTC-210. Installed the 210 last night and everything is working great. :D Hope they get a fix for the 360, if not I know the 210 will fix the problem, at least it did for me.

Is that D* tech support or Samsung?

Ragnar said:
It was D* tech support.

Thanks.

I got my sammy 360 at best buy. Do I need to return it and have D* send me a DTC-210 or do you have both receivers?

I only had the 360. I got my 360 from a local retailer the first part of September. After I talked with D* 2nd Level support twice, and the problem still was not fixed. I requested that they send me a new receiver. I also requested that receiver be a 210.

I just got off the phone with DTV HD Technical Support. They are sending me a new HD receiver and they acknowledged again that it was a problem on Samsung's part not DTV's. they said the new receiver would not be a Samsung and would either be the newest Hughes or Sony receiver. :) :D

hmmm? interesting since both hughes and sony have been out of manufacturing a while. i would be interested to know if these are refurbished models.

Guys, Thank you so much. I look at this site all the time but never post. I am having the same audio/video sync issue on abc, fox and ESPN. I talked to level 3 tech Jeremy at D* and he is sending me the "new" HD receiver to replace my sammy 360 at no cost. He attempted to have me pay for the replacement, but caved quickly to the freebie.
I will let you know how this works out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)