ABC and FOX NY HD feeds have a bad signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well I noticed last night on 24, my new H10 was doing the same thing that is described here. All the other HD channels last night were fine, just FOXHD, jumpy and awful audio sync problems.

I would have to assume that Direct is aware of this problem with the 360 and/or Samsung hardware. Does anyone know if there is a patch in the working or they going to send out replacemnet receivers? I have not called Direct due to all the post here reguarding the problem, but its starting to get old fast. (maybe I should call and put my protection plan to use!)

BTW this is my 2nd TS-360, remember that disaster software upgrade in October, could this have something to due with the slow reaction to fix the issues with the 720p broadcast?

I have read a few posts were the user says that they were told a software patch is in the works, and some that have been told D* wasn't even aware of the issue, but who they actually talked to and got that information may decide the validity.

I am currently on the phone with level 2 support and he is telling me that the issue is with the National HD feeds and they couldn't pinpoint the problem to any particular make or model. I am telling him what I am reading here and he is investigating further. I am trying to get him to swap the receiver with another one and not the H10.

Tonight FOXHD was not even watchable for me.

REALTIME UPDATE: They are not swapping it, telling me that it happens on other channels and that they are escalating it to their engineers. BS!!!

That's what I thought, tonight was bad, last night American Idol was in HD and it came in perfect, the commericials however were pretty bad (audio sync and jumpy video), tonight HD bad and commercials good. Strange!

Will they actually do anything or do I need to call back and complain again tomorrow night, I don't want to get stuck watching the Super Bowl and the HD screws up or the commercials!

I told the guy that it wasn't happening anywhere else for me just Fox HD, and told him what I have read here and elswhere and it still wasn't good enough for him. Then he told me I ordered my equip through Value Electronics which I didn't, I got my system through them, D*.

call back untill you get satisfaction or maybe one of the big guys here can chime in with a special phone number for you to call

OK I need some help here. The problems are happening again tonight. I called back in and talked with someone in expanded support (whatever that is) anyway this guy is telling me it has something to do with the satellite and not the receiver, he said that another person called in with the same problem and they have a Samsung receiver. I told the guy that my receiver is a H10 that was probably manufactured by Samsung and that the Samsungs were known for having the issue. Is there another number to call, I called the tier 2 number that was in another thread and I am getting nowhere with them, they aren't even acknowledging that the issue is with the receiver. Is there like a HD tech support. I am getting extremely frustrated here and would like this thing swapped out for something else.

Aren't you the same peallen that was asking about switching to D* about a week ago? Then box up that week old receiver and take it back to the location you bought it from and exchange it telling them "it doesn't work correctly and you want another make and model". If not, fill out your warranty card and call the manufacturer. Start threatning BBB reports.

Then it is still under the 90 day grty!

Anyway.. COPIED this from yet ANOTHER NEW Samsung 360 thread: not sure why all these like threads aren't merged, BUT..

i told theme i was going to cancal my service they transferd me to the highest tech. the person i talked to was going to replace my receiver.she said they did not know what model i would get so i will have to wait. i dont get the jumpy picture when i use my antena.i will receive my receiver on friday when u get a new receiver from dtv u get 90 days. here is a number for the deparment i delt with they told me to call this number if i need tech support it is the highest level 1-800-695-9251

Thank you so much for the number, I will call them today. I figure the sqeaky wheel gets the grease. Maybe they will get tired of dealing with me and will just send me another receiver.

Why would CBS & NBC be fine but ABC & Fox have those problems? My brother had the same problem with TW Cable on ABC during the Rose bowl

I called again and finally got them to swap out the receiver. Hopefully they won't send another H10 out.

Did you mention to them that you wanted a RCA DTC-210 or another specific unit, or did they say you get what you get?

They told me that they didn't know what I would be getting, I said that if I got another one of the H10's I would be calling back. Crossing my fingers.

same problem

Hi , I'm having the same problem with the audio lag. I too thought it had to do with the 720 vs. the 1080, but some channels on ABC and Fox are fine. The Philly's game on Sunday was broadcast fine, but Lost on ABC and other shows are bad. Tried calling Directv, but hung up because I was on hold for so long.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)