ABC Family HD Signal Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SKrueger

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 18, 2004
Los Angeles, CA
Has anyone else noticed this evening repeated signal losses on ABC Family HD? Was trying to watch Middleman and the signal kept going out every few minutes. I wasn't getting any loss of signal messages tho' so I was wondering if it was a transmission problem or something with my setup.

Anyone else have problems tonight?

I noticed it when I went back to live programming from a recording. I just stopped it and set it to record the repeat. Hopefully they have fixed the problem by then.

The known signal problem with ABC Family HD is that is almost exclusively broadcasts in SD, so it is mislabeled in the EPG.

Yup I had this exact same issue tonight on my 211 I'm using until my 722 comes in. I just had it on that channel not really watching it as I was on the computer. I kept hearing it cut out and would look and the screen would be black with no sound. I switched to the SD ABC family and it did the same thing once so I gave up and switched to My Name is Earl on TBSHD

Has anyone else noticed this evening repeated signal losses on ABC Family HD? Was trying to watch Middleman and the signal kept going out every few minutes. I wasn't getting any loss of signal messages tho' so I was wondering if it was a transmission problem or something with my setup.

Anyone else have problems tonight?
I ran into problems with both the original airing of Middleman and it's later rerun. This is the first time I've seen it on ABC Family, but Middleman is the only show I watch on that network.

It was bad enough that I'm now watching the episde from the ABC family website (computer feeds a Samsung 61" DLP).
While some online shows have decent quality, this is like watching analog cable!
At least it's not dropping out though...

Whew! Thought it was my system last night. We sat down to watch the recorded episode of The Middleman and it cut out three or four times before the plot even got going. I deleted the recording, thinking it would be on again and I'd catch the repeat. No such luck! Guess I'll have to catch it online. Ugh.

I haven't noticed this on any other episode of The Middleman... hopefully it's a passing problem?

Sorry to bump this old thread - but the past two weeks, I've noticed more problems on ABC family, particularly with The Middleman. Last night, the audio mix was off: well, not the whole mix. Just the center channel, which was missing. Ambient noises, music -- it was all there, just no dialogue.

I recorded the repeat later in the evening but didn't have a chance to check it yet to see if things were better with that airing.

Anyone else notice the problem?

I noticed this issue as well last night, and some of the olympics. At times, when a national weather advisor notice would come up, the HD signal would change.

Sorry to bump this old thread - but the past two weeks, I've noticed more problems on ABC family, particularly with The Middleman. Last night, the audio mix was off: well, not the whole mix. Just the center channel, which was missing. Ambient noises, music -- it was all there, just no dialogue.

I recorded the repeat later in the evening but didn't have a chance to check it yet to see if things were better with that airing.

Anyone else notice the problem?

Yeh the first showing had sound problems at the beginning and they switched back and forth from the HD to the SD. They got it sorted out before the opening credits ran. The second HD showing was OK.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)