ABC Family PQ on Sound of Music

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlabsher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
Lexington Park, MD
WTF I get better picture PQ on a 1958 B&W Magnavox with rabbit ears! Not helping convince my wife the HD was a good investment. This movie deserves full HD, not the crap they're putting out on this channel.

Side Bar--Speaking of 4:3 "Zoom-vision"; I DVR'd The Wizard of Oz for my daughters about a month ago(?) and was shocked at how good the PQ was..even on partial Zoom. It was on TBS if I'm not mistaken??

Last edited:
WTF I get better picture PQ on a 1958 B&W Magnavox with rabbit ears! Not helping convince my wife the HD was a good investment. This movie deserves full HD, not the crap they're putting out on this channel.
Change the channel.

I don't think I've ever seen ABCFamily show anything in HD yet. There are othere channels that do the same (HD channel but no HD content). The major networks (ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX) also practice this at night (after 11:00 PM- except for Letterman) and on the weekends (Tons of HD shows and movies shown in crappy SD).

Side Bar--Speaking of 4:3 "Zoom-vision"; I DVR'd The Wizard of Oz for my daughters about a month ago(?) and was shocked at how good the PQ was..even on Zoom. It was on TBS if I'm not mistaken??

Why did you zoom the Wizard of Oz? It's a 4:3 movie. Or, are you saying TBS/TNT or some other channel zoomed (or stretched) it?

The Sound of Music appeared on ABC (the broadcast network) many months ago in either open matte or zoomed HD. It looked okay. I wasn't wowed by it.

Why did you zoom the Wizard of Oz? It's a 4:3 movie. Or, are you saying TBS/TNT or some other channel zoomed (or stretched) it?
The Sound of Music appeared on ABC (the broadcast network) many months ago in either open matte or zoomed HD. It looked okay. I wasn't wowed by it.
To get rid of the black bars. I've heard (whether it's true or not, I don't know for sure, but not taking the chance) that leaving bars on plasmas increases burn-in potential. Plus, it just annoys me to see it that way. That was my ultimate point, I guess. Even after I partial zoomed it, it still looked great.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)