Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
DISH NETWORK® FIRST TO OFFER ALL STANDARD AND HIGH DEFINITION PROGRAMMING IN MPEG-4

Industry’s Most Advanced Delivery System Includes Best Picture Quality on Any TV

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Aug. 25, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the third largest pay-TV provider and the digital television leader, today became the first in the pay-TV industry to transmit all standard and high definition programming in the MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding Standard. This milestone continues DISH Network’s series of industry firsts, including the latest expansion in high definition services, the launch of TurboHD – the only 100 percent HD service – the availability of movies in Blu-Ray Disc quality 1080p resolution, and the commitment to offer up to 150 national HD channels by the end of the year.

New customers in 21 designated markets* in the eastern half of the U.S. who sign up for any DISH Network® HD package will be the first in the nation to receive the industry’s most advanced delivery system on all televisions connected to DISH Network service. This includes all SD and HD programming broadcast in MPEG-4 via DISH Network’s award-winning MPEG-4 HD and HD DVR receivers – even further enhancing DISH Network’s already superior picture.

“DISH Network once again leads the pack in providing customers with an unparalleled entertainment experience. Our complete MPEG-4 solution – which will offer up to 150 HD channels by the end of the year – uses the most advanced technology in the industry to deliver the best quality picture to any television set in the home, perfect for those who have or are considering upgrading to high definition,” said Jessica Insalaco, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. “We look forward to expanding this advanced service to more consumers throughout the U.S. in the coming months.”
To maximize the MPEG-4 TV experience, new customers can sign up for DISH Network’s recently-introduced TurboHD, the only packages in the industry featuring 100 percent HD, MPEG-4 programming, starting at $24.99 per month. TurboHD is available in three separate tiers and comprises special “turbo-charged” features and benefits such as DISH Network’s award-winning and industry-leading technology, the highest quality HD available including 1080p where applicable, and the most-watched HD channels that may be viewed on any TV – analog, digital or high definition.

Current DISH Network customers looking to add the industry’s best high definition experience can get a “turbo-charged” HD package for as little as $10 more per month.

For more information about DISH Network’s MPEG-4 service, 1080p programming, new HD channels, and TurboHD system and packages, visit www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

* The first wave of the all-MPEG-4 offer will occur in 21 markets, including: Cleveland; Richmond, Va.; Baltimore.; Columbia, S.C.; Tampa, Fla; Green Bay, Wis.; Greensboro, N.C.; Providence, R.I.; Greenville, S.C., Knoxville, Tenn.; Raleigh, N.C.; Chicago; Detroit; Charlotte, N.C.; Dallas; Nashville, Tenn.; Minneapolis, Minn.; Philadelphia.; Washington, D.C.; New York, N.Y.; and Hartford, Conn. Additional markets will be announced at a later date.

Current DISH Network customers looking to add the industry’s best high definition experience can get a “turbo-charged” HD package for as little as $10 more per month.

Question. What does this mean? I already have a ViP722 and was recently automatically "turbo-charged". My bill isn't going up another $10.00. If it is I will be fuming! I am supposed to be locked into the price I have until next year.

Also, is there any news about current subscribers who already have all MPEG-4 receivers wanting to get a 1000.4 dish? The trees to the SW of me are getting bigger every day. With EA I would be aimed just to the east of due south where I have no problems and I am looking at the following in the press release as well..

New customers in 21 designated markets* in the eastern half of the U.S. who sign up for any DISH Network® HD package will be the first in the nation to receive the industry’s most advanced delivery system on all televisions connected to DISH Network service. This includes all SD and HD programming broadcast in MPEG-4 via DISH Network’s award-winning MPEG-4 HD and HD DVR receivers – even further enhancing DISH Network’s already superior picture.

Well come on! I want that "further enhanced superior picture" too! Any good news for the folks who have been financing this whole thing through the years?

Scott, Please come back with some good news. Thanks.

The dish motto is "You'll get nothing, pay more, and like it!"

The sad thing is that I Do and keep on doing it. :p I almost always pay to upgrade by buying my own receivers, dishes, lnbs etc. It is almost like a hobby. BUt DISH has the coolest cutting edge stuff . I got to have it. Looking forward to my smartcard and the new 1000.4 dish I ordered. Can't wait to get my new 722 K with two ota tuners and I will want the new 722S too, when it comes out.

The sad thing is that I Do and keep on doing it. :p I almost always pay to upgrade by buying my own receivers, dishes, lnbs etc. It is almost like a hobby. BUt DISH has the coolest cutting edge stuff . I got to have it. Looking forward to my smartcard and the new 1000.4 dish I ordered. Can't wait to get my new 722 K with two ota tuners and I will want the new 722S too, when it comes out.

Mike; So how much did you pay for the 1000.4? If it's not too much, I may go that route.

My main thing about the eastern arc, is comparing the difference with the picture quality of the western arc. Has, anyone compared pictures side by side?

Why are they bothering to carry all those duplicate channels? If a channel has both an SD and HD feed, they should only carry the HD feed on Eastern Arc in order to save bandwidth. I know they will have some new customers that say they aren't interested in HD, but certainly they can come up with some way to only pass a downrezzed version of the HD feed? For that matter, if they get new subscribers that want SD-only programming, why not just do a traditional Western Arc install?

So what! Their service still sucks!! :p

DISH NETWORK® FIRST TO OFFER ALL STANDARD AND HIGH DEFINITION PROGRAMMING IN MPEG-4

Industry’s Most Advanced Delivery System Includes Best Picture Quality on Any TV

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Aug. 25, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the third largest pay-TV provider and the digital television leader, today became the first in the pay-TV industry to transmit all standard and high definition programming in the MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding Standard. This milestone continues DISH Network’s series of industry firsts, including the latest expansion in high definition services, the launch of TurboHD – the only 100 percent HD service – the availability of movies in Blu-Ray Disc quality 1080p resolution, and the commitment to offer up to 150 national HD channels by the end of the year.

“DISH Network once again leads the pack in providing customers with an unparalleled entertainment experience. Our complete MPEG-4 solution – which will offer up to 150 HD channels by the end of the year – uses the most advanced technology in the industry to deliver the best quality picture to any television set in the home, perfect for those who have or are considering upgrading to high definition,” said Jessica Insalaco, Chief Marketing Officer for DISH Network. “We look forward to expanding this advanced service to more consumers throughout the U.S. in the coming months.”
To maximize the MPEG-4 TV experience, new customers can sign up for DISH Network’s recently-introduced TurboHD, the only packages in the industry featuring 100 percent HD, MPEG-4 programming, starting at $24.99 per month. TurboHD is available in three separate tiers and comprises special “turbo-charged” features and benefits such as DISH Network’s award-winning and industry-leading technology, the highest quality HD available including 1080p where applicable, and the most-watched HD channels that may be viewed on any TV – analog, digital or high definition.

For more information about DISH Network’s MPEG-4 service, 1080p programming, new HD channels, and TurboHD system and packages, visit www.dishnetwork.com or call 1-800-333-DISH (3474).

* The first wave of the all-MPEG-4 offer will occur in 21 markets, including: Cleveland; Richmond, Va.; Baltimore.; Columbia, S.C.; Tampa, Fla; Green Bay, Wis.; Greensboro, N.C.; Providence, R.I.; Greenville, S.C., Knoxville, Tenn.; Raleigh, N.C.; Chicago; Detroit; Charlotte, N.C.; Dallas; Nashville, Tenn.; Minneapolis, Minn.; Philadelphia.; Washington, D.C.; New York, N.Y.; and Hartford, Conn. Additional markets will be announced at a later date.

Houston was on the 61.5 sat for a while not available, but was removed this month. Beaumont,Tx -90 miles from Houston is on the 61.5 sat and Dallas as well. I don't know if they plan to keep Houston only on 110 sat or not , but I would hope that they will add them back to 61.5 before too long. My guess is that there a lot of people in Houston that are adding the service every day and since there is a shortage of 1000.4 sat dishes, they are limiting the installs to fewer dmas at first till they catch up in production. They listed 81 dmas that will be eastern arc in the future, but not the names of all of them. We just have the 21 at the start posted. Does anyone know what all 81 dmas will be - the 21 that have already launched?

So existing customer can upgrade as long as you pay for install/new dish?

Have you heard anything on approximate when the 722K and S will be available?

DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the third largest pay-TV provider and the digital television leader, today became the first in the pay-TV industry to transmit all standard and high definition programming in the MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding Standard.

Isn't AT&T Uverse service all MPEG4 which would make Dish the 2nd not the 1st all MPEG4 service?

I want to compare the pictures side by side or have a detailed review of each arc. hint hint

If someone can do it soon, that would be nice. My $300 month bill to dish, depends on it. Direct TV, looks better and better every day.

I am working on it. :)

I was supposed to have new smart cards over the weekend, but they didnt get them out and now are trying to ship them to me today. :)

I got the Dish 1000.4 setup and running now just need smart cards. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)