ABC-HD: NFL Preseason Football : Denver Broncos vs Washington Redskins 8pm EST

I saw the first half of the game, it seemed as if there wasn't much of a crowd, it wasn't very electric, but it was pretty damn cool to see some NFL action in HD. I except the first few preseason weeks to be real slow, towards the end the starters start playing more and it's crunch time for anyone trying for a starting/backup job.

The game was broadcasting in HD here in Hampton Roads - VA. It looked pretty good. I watched for the first hour and than had to switch over to "The Grid" than I bounce between the two channels.

I have one MAJOR complaint. Seems like the HD games get cropped for the SD feed. Because of that, the scorebox is waaaaayyyy over to the right instead of in the corner. This is totally unacceptable. they need to find a way to get around this. It is very annoying to have the scorebox over part of the action. The beauty of 16x9 widescreen is just that, widescreen. But the scorebox being where it is ruins almost half the picture. AND--what about burn in???!!!!!!

Portland's HD was out last night according to an engineer at the station so I tuned into HDNET's "Guy's Night In" & watched Andy Richter and Bikini Destinations.

EDIT: Crap! According to a post at AVSForum, Portland was back up HD at 6:29 and I never checked it again. Oh well, I'll take hot women in bikinis over a preseaon football game anyday. :p

I don't get the whole score box thing either...TNT-HD was able to move it to the extreme left corner for the HD feed why can't anyone else do it. It would seem that all they need to do is and another computer to add one graphic to the SD feed and the other to the HD feed. Maybe it is more complicated than that but it is possible because TNT-HD did it.

Sean Mota said:
Soft soft...Soft....
Its called 14 mbps HDlite due do multicasting "News Nows" at 3.5 mbps and probably a weather radar as well. The PQ sucked OTA. I shall mark August 2004 as the death of ABCHD OTA in my area.

PQ on OTA on ABC was bad. I think it was worse than Fox Nascar and TNTHD "The Grid" PQ. NewsNOw and Radar needs to go.

And News Now is unwatchable here in DFW area. The PQ is so darn bad, it is the worse I have ever seen. It is bad even on my daughter's 25" SD CRT and VOOM on it is usually incredible (without blowing up the picture for a 16x9)

Good, it wasn't only me.

I figured it was cause it's OTA, thus a lower pic quality.

Still, it was better than watching it OTA in 4:3 strech mode, which is terrible on a widescreen anyway.

Am I the only one who thought Michelle Tafoya has had signifigant off-season "work" done. It was almost a Greta Van Sustren moment seeing her. I was thinking "She's not so ugly anymore". Of course only SD here, and very bad SD at that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)