ABC-HD: NHL Hockey : Tampa Bay Lightning vs Calgary Flames Game 7 8PM EST

I guess no one else is watching :confused:

Well it's all tied up :)

It appears that they do have the Sky Cam, but it hasn't been used in any of the live action and it looks a lot better than before (but still not HD)

and I don't know if it's me or ABC but there's been a couple of dropouts as well

5 mins till puck drop

come on Tampa , don't let those dang Canadians take our cup! :D

Good game, no score yet...

To bad they don't do 5.1DD grr, If MNF can do it why can't the NHL crew do it. Maybe they'll finally get on the dolby switch when they start the new digital center, but that's probably wishful thinking, they must be getting paid by circle surround to do this crap

I've been talking to my folks about getting HDTV hooked up through Dish, so what do they do? They get an HD box from Comcast and I hook it up today. Wow the Tampa - Calgary game looked great, for the most part. Every once in awhile (usually when going to a new camera angle or showing a replay) the picture would get very blurry - including the score graphic. Is this normal? Is it just an ABC thing? Or were they having problems?

DanB474 said:
I've been talking to my folks about getting HDTV hooked up through Dish, so what do they do? They get an HD box from Comcast and I hook it up today. Wow the Tampa - Calgary game looked great, for the most part. Every once in awhile (usually when going to a new camera angle or showing a replay) the picture would get very blurry - including the score graphic. Is this normal? Is it just an ABC thing? Or were they having problems?
It looked good here but, I guess it is time to explain the sad truth about affiliate HD. It all depends on your affiliate. If they multicast, ie, run some SD channels out of the HD bandwidth then your PQ is gonna suck. IS there anything you can do about it? NO. DO they have a monopoly of that content in your area? Yes. Is it illegal to have that? No. SHould be though. Can you watch that game somehow from another provider? Probably not, your affiliate will not allow it! Does this Tony Soprano business model need to be abolished? Damn right it does.

Sure would be nice if Voom could get me channel 7 ... too bad ABC has the cup, I would rather ESPN, which is easily received via all sat networks.

DAMN IT!!! TB SUCKS!

The blurs between cameras are really bad. TB sucks! Go Flames!

Htown doesn't have a NHL team. So I pick Calgary. :clap

Edit: What's up with the Key-an-ou commercials? Get that no-talent-a$$-clown off my TV! Am I in the hockey matrix?

I like that the game is in HD, I don't like that the camera blurs between EVERY SINGLE SHOT! :mad:

Go Flames!
CanadaFlagAnimated7552.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)