ABC-HD The Incredibles OAR. ABCFamily HD NOT??? LMAO!

I think the OP is trying to say that it was not even HD on ABCFAM HD. The incredibles were on before on Starz HD (I think?). I do not remember if it was OAR or not. I checked over the weekend. Was it HD now?

especially one we all paying for :D when was the last time you heard customers liked the SD version (better) of a movie instead of the HD version :D

I was complaining about this concerning Disney HD the other day. I understand that all their series have only been shot in 4x3 SD, but even when they show a theatrical movie they don't bother to show it in HD.

if you want OAR, go buy the damn dvd or blue ray...
WTF?? Why should WE have to buy the DVD? It should be..... "If you want it to fill up your pretty TV thingy, then hit the damned format button on your remote." Oh that is right.. most people that like stretch-o-vision are too stupid to realize that they can change the output format.

WTF?? Why should WE have to buy the DVD? It should be..... "If you want it to fill up your pretty TV thingy, then hit the damned format button on your remote." Oh that is right.. most people that like stretch-o-vision are too stupid to realize that they can change the output format.

:up

I was complaining about this concerning Disney HD the other day. I understand that all their series have only been shot in 4x3 SD, but even when they show a theatrical movie they don't bother to show it in HD.

Actually, the only HD I've seen on any of the three new Disney/ABC channels has been original stuff.

Disney had some cartoons on yesterday in HD.

Toon Disney was for some reason showing a live action movie in HD...but it looked like one of those made-for-Disney-Channel movies.

ABC Family shows some teen soap-opera type show in HD, and I'm pretty sure it's original to that channel.

Wrote Disney 'Master Control' citing horrid feed quality... no response.

My guess is their Master Control System takes all content and is pushed out of HDDs. Drive capacity, system operation requires excessive compression, hence the absolutely horrible SD quality on Disney HD. ON occasion you'll see a decent HD feed (animation), but all in all, most Disney SD feeds via Disney HD - image quality is simply awful... My 7 year old daughter doesn't seem to be as discerning as her Daddy.

Even my (7 and 9 year old) kids have commented that some of the new "HD" doesn't look very good! Most of what I have seen with the new additions is PQ crap, plain and simple. And on a related note— I'm not sure whose"Family" ABC Family has in mind, but it sure isn't anyone with kids! Most of the subject matter I've come across is at LEAST deserving of a TV 14 designation, if not considerably higher.

ABC Family is geared towards the something for everyone kind of lineup, does not mean its geared towards people with small children.

They have some excellent original programming. Kyle XY is one of the best shows on TV IMO.

I'll have to scan around some more. The two shows I caught while surfing channels, one had a teen girl losing her virginity and the other was all about bed-hopping at a frat house. Not that I'm opposed to either of those things personally... :)

I doubt that you actually laughed at all...

rofl.gif

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts