Abc PR @99 problems?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jogon64

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2009
Northern Mexico
Abc @99 has been having very bad image and major pixeling lately on my setup (1.5m offset, pansat 2700). The other networks come in fine, actually I have a 85 signal quality so the problem is only with Abc. Any body else experiencing this?

Unreal, I was just about to post the same question. I get terrible pixeling on any fast moving scenes and then it settles down on relatively static shots. I'm getting 92-95% quality, and the other island networks are fine for me as well. This has been going on for the past few days off and on. I've been thinking my lnb was going bad, since I recall reading a thread talking about the causes of this.

Perhaps one (or more) of our resident gurus have some ideas? ;)

Yep looked like crap on my 10' dish too, was going to watch Flash Forward on it , but it looked so bad I couldn't take it-worse than the worst DN -SD I ever saw! There's one on the new Anik bird that looks 100% better, but is on mountain time.

I have noticed the same poor quality for the past few weeks. I use a 2.4 meter dish and Pansat 3500. Perhaps they sacrificed this channel to put the HD channel up...

Yep looked like crap on my 10' dish too, was going to watch Flash Forward on it , but it looked so bad I couldn't take it-worse than the worst DN -SD I ever saw!

I suffered through Flash Forward, but it wasn't pleasant.

I don't know about anyone else, but it hasn't been bad like this consistently for me. I was watching it a couple of nights ago (with pixelation) and at one point there was a loud pop then the screen flashed/went black for a second and when everything came back the picture was clear and normal (no pixelation).
Just thought I'd mention this in case it gives anyone a clue to what's happening.

I noticed it last night too during nightline or whatever is on after the news

looked like those ethnic channels on 97 ;)

I think the issue is they went from 5 channels to up to 8. They added ABC HD, a blank channel and when there is Fox baseball playoffs they add a 8th channel since Puerto Rico can't see it on Fox but Virgin Islands can. So 8 channels on basically the same symbol rate equals mush

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts