ABC show Lost last week HD recording problem:

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Last week when they had the two shows between 9-11pm with the 10-11pm being the new show I had a problem with it. First I scheduled the recording the afternoon before on two different boxes depending on where I wanted to watch it. I also recorded the news after between 11pm and midnight.

Well just now both boxes recorded both the repeat Lost show between 9-10pm and the news broadcast. Both boxes also recorded another show between 10-11 on NBC fine as well. But both boxes didn't record the new Lost show between 10-11 at all. Its just not even listed in the now playing list and I'm 100% sure I recorded this show on both of my boxes. I also only had four shows on both boxes before the recording (two one hour shows and two 30 minute shows) and I only had three one hour shows being recorded that night so I know I had plenty of room. Also keep in mind that both boxes record the NBC show fine at the sametime while also recording the news on ABC right after.

I haven't called BHN yet because how can I explain this to them and would they even believe me. How could they troubleshoot this as well. But whatever it was I'm quite sure now that this was caused at least in part from the new software update or change because from that day anytime I enter the program guide on an HDTV channel the picture in picture windows in the guide itself has this flicker type thing with it.

This is just driving me nuts because when two boxes just don't record something that isn't good is it.

Note...all the shows listed above were recorded on the HDTV channels so in my case everything was recorded on channels 628 and 608 on BHN using two SA8300 HD DVR boxes.

LonghornXP said:
Last week when they had the two shows between 9-11pm with the 10-11pm being the new show I had a problem with it.

I thought lost wasnt comming back until Jan 11th with new episodes

hbk409 said:
I thought lost wasnt comming back until Jan 11th with new episodes

I swear that the show when they covered the other side of the islands first 48 days was a new show. Even if it wasn't I would have just deleted it but that still doesn't change the fact that nothing ever got recorded.

Just to clarify - but this is the obvious question - did you have the 8300

1) Record all Lost Episodes in the timeslot?

2) Record all Lost Episodes in ANY timeslot on the station?

3) Manually programmed it to capture both shows?

I can easily see how this could happen if you had it set for #1.

As ABC continues to play games with the end time of the 9pm LOST (10:02/10:04/10:05) I also wonder if this played a role.

HDTVFanAtic said:
As ABC continues to play games with the end time of the 9pm LOST (10:02/10:04/10:05) I also wonder if this played a role.

I have the 8300 with cablevision and it automatically adjust for the 10:04 when it happens have it set up to only record new episodes on that channel.

this particular episode was a repeat it aired 11/16/2005

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/episodes/207.html

HDTVFanAtic said:

I never recorded it this way. I went into the guide several house before and scheduled a regular one time recording.

LonghornXP said:
I never recorded it this way. I went into the guide several house before and scheduled a regular one time recording.

Then as you say, it should have been recorded :(

I've seen some goofy things, such as what happened after DST ended. I've also had it set for some programs in specific time slots and it records replacement programs (specials) when they are in that slot.