ABC's the Crossing

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
This is another sci-fi show on ABC. The premise is that refugees escaping war land on the coast of a small fishing town, but the twist is that they are Americans from 180 years in the future. The pilot is already out on VOD & Hulu. It looks intetesting to me, we'll see if everybody else feels the same & it doesn't get canceled.

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
I set a timer for it.
This show really is interesting. I don't think that it's "Lost Level" interesting, but it should be given a chance by the Network, just to see how it turns out. I remember other sci-fi shows that didn't last past one season(Invasion, FlashForward), one show that lasted 2 seasons & then was canceled(Resurrection), & one show that I didn't even know was on(Prey), that make people wonder what chance the Crossing has of surviving.

Natalie Martinez, who plays the Apex, Reece, has that face that you know that you've seen before. I looked her up & saw that she was on CBS' "Under the Dome."

I'm watching this show & Freeform's Siren, & I'm having a hard time keeping the plots of each show in order & not confusing the two shows with each other. In the Crossing, you have a genetically altered human with superhuman strength, & on Siren, you have a mermaid with superhuman strength, both being hunted by shadowy secret government organizations.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, both shows take place on the coast of the Pacific Northwest, in fishing villages.

Watching the first episode last night. Very interesting. so far it seems really good, but I wonder how long they can take the idea.

:hatsoffWell, I hope they do take it a long way, finding that one guy's picture, and looking for him, could be a huge plotline alone, he may be a better actor than the sheriff, who is so-so not that good, but I could be very wrong.

I have a question, "the boss cop" who tried to use a high pitch device on the Apex female, who plays her role very good, who so far is the best one of the cast, when she was being affected by the high-frequency audio pitch, the guy was not.

So does that mean he's not an Aplex if so then WTF is he, and the ones who came first what are they?
Perhaps another type human
So far I do like it, as soon as I can figure out the plotline I lose interest:D

I'm watching this show & Freeform's Siren, & I'm having a hard time keeping the plots of each show in order & not confusing the two shows with each other. In the Crossing, you have a genetically altered human with superhuman strength, & on Siren, you have a mermaid with superhuman strength, both being hunted by shadowy secret government organizations.

Edit: Oh, I forgot, both shows take place on the coast of the Pacific Northwest, in fishing villages.
Perhaps this is not your kind of show Roy:)

have a question, "the boss cop" who tried to use a high pitch device on the Apex female, who plays her role very good, who so far is the best one of the cast, when she was being affected by the high-frequency audio pitch, the guy was not.

So does that mean he's not an Aplex if so then WTF is he, and the ones who came first what are they?
He's just a normal human who came with the earlier migration, trained (and experienced) in fighting Apex's.

It has a good plotline, and enough action to keep me in, for now, they are dragging it out a bit, they could have done it quicker, but they trying to build a story I guess, the last one was the best one so far, if they give me more of that I will be hooked
Personally I think they're taking it too quickly. A show like this needs to build up mystery and suspense if it's going to last for a while. Bring out everything too quickly and it has no where to go except stagnate.

Reactions: (((Garyd)))
:hatsoffWell, I hope they do take it a long way, finding that one guy's picture, and looking for him, could be a huge plotline alone, he may be a better actor than the sheriff, who is so-so not that good, but I could be very wrong.

I have a question, "the boss cop" who tried to use a high pitch device on the Apex female, who plays her role very good, who so far is the best one of the cast, when she was being affected by the high-frequency audio pitch, the guy was not.

Perhaps another type human
So far I do like it, as soon as I can figure out the plotline I lose interest:D
He's a "common" who thought that he was going back in time to stop the Apex from being created. He was part of a group that fought against the Ape:mad:the eagle on his wrist). They were were probably like a Partisan group(the irregulars who fought against the Nazis in WWII).

Personally I think they're taking it too quickly. A show like this needs to build up mystery and suspense if it's going to last for a while. Bring out everything too quickly and it has no where to go except stagnate.
If they take it too slow though, people will not want to invest their time in it, because they just don't know if the show will be canceled or not. This show would probably do better if it was streamed online, because the uncertainty of cancellation is a big barrier for people to watch right now. They are probably recording it on their DVR's right now, & then waiting to see if it will stick around before they do start to watch it.

Edit: To me, Siren actually has a weaker plotline than the Crossing, but because Siren is on Freeform, its chances of survival to a second season are greater than the Crossing's on ABC.

Reactions: MikeD-C05

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)