About multiple recievers....

rkrenicki

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 11, 2005
I dont mean to go overboard, but I read somewhere that if you get several (read 3+) recievers on BEV or *C, and do not connect them to a phone line (for obvious reasons) that it will be flagged as suspect for account sharing..

My question stems from the DSR205 unit, which does not even have a modem in it.. I am planning on getting another DSR205 or two and a DSR500, for a total of 3 recievers, one with a modem, and 2 or 3 without.. A total of 3-4 recievers.

I really dont want to get my account flagged if I dont connect the DSR500 up that would suck, so I am trying to get peoples experiences with this, really to see if this is even an issue.

with ExpressVu, if you have more than one receiver its a red flag.

I know Southern subscribers have 2 receivers...I dont know about 3. That might bring a red flag, but I dont know

Also, the broker will only activate 2 receivers :)

Right, since all BEV recievers have modems in them...

I guess its just another point that *C does not care as much, since they provide a unit without a modem completely..

I live in Alberta, Canada and got the phone call from BEV about a month ago asking for location ID`s on all 4 of my receivers. Yep 3 are plugged into phone lines at all times. That was the first time in 7 or 8 years with BEV.

SC will not phone single receiver accounts. I know of no one with 2 receivers being called. But 3 or more receivers, with no phone connection, will send a red flag to them for sure. I sure wouldn't take a chance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts