?About my 6000 Receiver

MNETOP

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 9, 2003
Austin, TX.
The follwing has been happening to my 6000 receiver while in HD mode and especially after watching an off-air program for a while: While watching an HD program, I lose the signal for half a second and the receiver goes into: "waiting to re-aquire satellite signal,..." for about 30 seconds or so. The other day I had to totally unplug the unit and do a re-boot to get it to acquire signal.

Has anybody else experience this? And if you have, is this a defective unit that is waiting to be totally dead? Or is there anything I can do to get this issue fixed?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Mario. :confused:

I haven't had that problem with my 6000, but it has rebooted it self while I am watching a program in the HD mode. The only "click" sound I hear is the receiver trying to dial out while it is acquiring the signal.
I would like to get a 942, but I would like to know what Dish is going to do with mpeg4.

Jordan,

Thanks but my issue is not listed there. What is happening is that I am watching an HD channel and suddenly, the receiver loses signal and it goes into the acquiring signal mode.

Thanks,

Mario.

Just recently I have experienced very similar problems. After being tuned to an OTA channel for awhile, I'll change to espn-hd, and will get the "signal lost trying to acquire on sat trans xxx" screen. As soon as I hit up or down to get to hdnet movies it locks fine, then go back to espn-hd, and all is well.

One thing to check when your unit does this is the system info screen. Just hit the sys info button. Check out the model info at the top, it should say 8psk/8vsb. Mine has been known to "forget" it had one or both of the modules plugged in and wont acquire sat signal until i turn it off and remove/reinstall the modules.

Maybe they are doing something with the encoding, who knows. They'll have to pry my 6000 from my cold dead hands. Or provide compelling content in mpeg4 :)

I had a similiar problem a couple of years ago. The culprit was a switch 64 located outside near my 2 dishes. Rain water had leaked into the chassis of the switch 64 and corroded the electronics. I installed the new switch in protective box and everything has been fine since.

You might check your switch, cable connections, and dish alignment (i.e. signal strength).

MNETOP said:
Jordan,

Thanks but my issue is not listed there. What is happening is that I am watching an HD channel and suddenly, the receiver loses signal and it goes into the acquiring signal mode.

Thanks,

Mario.
Happens to me very often, is seems to me when the satellites roll the keys( auto rolling) the software on the 6000( 828pcnad-n)is not going as fast the new irds go.So I'll wait for the new 962 with mpeg4 to see how this new baby works :cool:

wirenut said:
I haven't had that problem with my 6000, but it has rebooted it self while I am watching a program in the HD mode. The only "click" sound I hear is the receiver trying to dial out while it is acquiring the signal.
I would like to get a 942, but I would like to know what Dish is going to do with mpeg4.
On november the charlie chat will talk about the mpeg4 and the swaping on HD irds.They will present the 411 for replacing the 811 and the 962 for the 942 both are mpeg4 and dvrs so wait and see the new kids on the block.Also they will present the rest of the rainbow hd programing for the end of the year or begginining of 2006 :shocked

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts