ABOUT PLATINUM HD

w1ckedindian

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Starting August 1st All Existing customers will be rolled over automatically to the new package if they currently subscribe to platinum hd. It will be available for free. However if you are currently paying for platinum and wish to complain that how come everybody is getting it for free now when all the time you have been paying for it. Call dish and complain and they will give you a $10 credit for the next five months. Trust me it works I did it...
Again if you currently have platinum HD it will be free for you starting August 1st and your bill will be decreased by $10. If you want an additional $10 off for 5 months call dish and complain that it is not fair that you have been paying for platinum all this time and now they are offering it for free, they will give you the credit. It took me 5mns to get it... Good Luck!!!:angel:

I am just wondering since these were a higher package addon will you just get these channels in turbo gold or will some channels go to a differ lowered price pkg.I am wondering also if this is what members of this group or dbstalk went to dish summit and said are working on a solution to channels not showing in hd turbo pkg. I hope come Aug 1 if you have turbo gold hd fox and msbc,mtv, vh1 and forget the others will show without a classic pkg. Which they should have.

It's not even August 1st yet so who did you talk to at Dish that would give you a credit for something that has not even happened? Just asking.

This was my first thought too ... PlatinumHD "currently" is not free. How can you argue something that does not exist? :confused:

I guess though the proof is in the pudding and if you guys got this to go then all I have to say is ... no wonder Dish is losing money :rolleyes:

This was my first thought too ... PlatinumHD "currently" is not free. How can you argue something that does not exist? :confused:

I guess though the proof is in the pudding and if you guys got this to go then all I have to say is ... no wonder Dish is losing money :rolleyes:

My thought exactly...

Will have to keep an eye on my bill to make sure mine will be decreasing by $10 starting 8/1 automatically without having to call and complain.

If anyone else gets this additional $10 off for 5 months please post.

This is NOT official yet and I have been trying to get clarification.

With that said it is advised not to call dish about the August 1st changings until August 1st.

Thanks!

are they getting rid of the platinum hd altogether?are they going to give it to people that didnt even have platinum at all?thank you for any repiles:)

They are giving the credits. If you currently subscribe to HD gold you get all the platinum channels for free. The person I spoke to gave me the credits and explain to me all of this. They also said that there will be a classic 250HD Gold DVR package.. Everyone who subscribes to the Classic 200 with the 50 channels bonus pack and has an HD package and has a DVR will automatically be put into it... However she said for me to call back August 1st to make sure cause not only i get that $10 credit but my normal bill will drop by $10. And yes all representative can explain that to you. Just make sure to say you got a newsletter from dish stating that there will be new packages on august 1st and you noticed that platinum which you currently subscribes to will be offered for free and that you been paying all this time for it... What can they do to compensate? What I said in the last post is exactly what I did.. IT WORKS!! LOL
ALSO SHE SAID IF YOU HAVE THE AUTOMATED PAYMENT BY CREDIT CARDS AND YOU HAVE A DVR PACKAGE THE CINEMAX FOR A PENNY PROMOTION THAT ENDED FOR MOST OF US WILL CONTINUE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE> SO SOME OF US WILL BE GOING ON OUR SECOND YEAR OF CINEMAX FOR FREE!

If this was a done deal it would be a good move to subsribe now if you don't already just ahead of the change, but then Murphys' law likes me too well.:rant:

I read the other thread on this, and just really need one clarification.

On Aug 1st, as a Silver 200 and HD sub, will I start getting the Plat HD channels for free??

OR

Should I sub to Plat HD now so I get it for free??

Nevermind. I re-read Scotts post and noticed this:

• New “HD & Platinum” Package Priced at $10.00/mo. – Effective August 1, 2009, we are updating our HD add-on packages. New or existing customers who subscribe to a Classic package and would like to subscribe or upgrade to an HD add-on package will receive the new “HD & Platinum” add-on package for $10.00/mo. These customers will receive HD channels that are based on the level of standard-definition programming they subscribe to, plus the channels currently available in the “PlatinumHD” add-on package. The “HD & Platinum” package will replace all of the current Classic HD add-on packages (e.g., BronzeHD, SilverHD, etc.).

I will get Silver HD and Plat for $10, instead of just getting Silver HD for $10.

Nevermind. I re-read Scotts post and noticed this:

• New “HD & Platinum” Package Priced at $10.00/mo. – Effective August 1, 2009, we are updating our HD add-on packages. New or existing customers who subscribe to a Classic package and would like to subscribe or upgrade to an HD add-on package will receive the new “HD & Platinum” add-on package for $10.00/mo. These customers will receive HD channels that are based on the level of standard-definition programming they subscribe to, plus the channels currently available in the “PlatinumHD” add-on package. The “HD & Platinum” package will replace all of the current Classic HD add-on packages (e.g., BronzeHD, SilverHD, etc.).

I will get Silver HD and Plat for $10, instead of just getting Silver HD for $10.

I currently have:

DDA Classic Bronze 100 HD at $55

I am reading the above quote as come Aug 1 I will have:

Classic Bronze 100 with DVR HD & Platinum at $55

Come Aug 1 I am expecting not to lose any channels.
Come Aug 1 I am expecting to gain the PlatinumHD channels.
Come Aug 1 I am expecting to NOT have an increase in my bill.

What are the odds of all three happening? :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts