About to be new to direct

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fastrucken

Original poster
Mar 4, 2012
ohio
Alright everyone I've decided to make the switch to direct from dish for the cost savings and upgraded equipment. I need a little input to make sure I get what I want and not be unhappy. My current situation is as follows:

Tv 1 main room
Tv 2 bedroom
tv 3 basement (not oftenly used)

I have a vip 622 on the main tv sending a sd signal (which the picture sucks) that is split to both the bedroom and basement (both tvs are hd capable )all of it controled by uhf remotes. The SD on the extra tvs is the most annoying part and dish has no great answer to this problem.

So I know i want the hr34 on the main tv. (an additional 99.00)
Direct wants to put a hd non-dvr in the bedroom, does this allow me to pause live tv in the bedroom? I know i will be able to setup up to record and watch the recorded shows from the hr34, right?

Can I use a box for the basement and bedroom, using a uhf remote ( I think I have to buy the uhf remotes)? I'm not sure its worth an extra 6.00 for tv downstairs

Is there any benifet to getting an additional DVR like an HR24 for my situation acording to CS it would cost an additional 99.00 to the additional 99.00 for the hr34?

I think I read that I should ask for the direct cinema kit and it will usually be thrown in for free for new customers. Is the the DECA modem?

Any insite would be greatly appreciated!!!
Graham

Only DVR's are able to pause/FF ect. live tv so unless you get a DVR in that room you will be stuck with just an HD. You will be able to see recorded shows on that HD from the 34. I wouldn't recommend doing any mirroring. Just pay the extra money and have the 3rd receiver out it. You'll be thankful. And as most will tell you, if you THINK you might want it, GET IT. It's cheaper before you get locked in. If you decide you don't want something anymore it don't cost anything to remove a receiver. As for the price for another HDDVR it varies. Some here have got it for free others got another $99 charge so it's all in who you talk to. As for the connection kit, it's standard now on ALL installs, movers, upgrades, and service calls. It's a system added option now so as long as you have Internet other then satellite or wireless cards you will get one on your work order regardless

Just get another HD DVR(hopefully you'll get a HR24 because the HR34 HMC,HR24 HD DVR,H24 HD receiver,& H25 HD receiver don't need adapters to run internet connection through your coaxial cable like the HR20/21/22/23 HD DVR's & H21/23 HD receivers do,they already have DECA capability built in) for your bedroom & a H25 for the basement. The H25 is real small & won't be in the way for you. Also with the HR34,HR24,& (hopefully) H25(but the H24 is just as good) you'll have your 8 tuner max if you get the one cable SWM LNB hookup. Get it all now & you won't regret it later.

royrdsjr said:
Just get another HD DVR(hopefully you'll get a HR24 because the HR34 HMC,HR24 HD DVR,H24 HD receiver,& H25 HD receiver don't need adapters to run internet connection through your coaxial cable like the HR20/21/22/23 HD DVR's & H21/23 HD receivers do,they already have DECA capability built in) for your bedroom & a H25 for the basement. The H25 is real small & won't be in the way for you. Also with the HR34,HR24,& (hopefully) H25(but the H24 is just as good) you'll have your 8 tuner max if you get the one cable SWM LNB hookup. Get it all now & you won't regret it later.

Right now several markets are getting HR21's and HR23's. Indi being one of them. Don't know where you're located but you could very well get either one of the above receivers

Right now several markets are getting HR21's and HR23's. Indi being one of them. Don't know where you're located but you could very well get either one of the above receivers

Which isn't a bad thing because they work just as well also. In addition to a HR24,I also have a HR22 & HR23,both with external DECA adapters to run internet coaxially.

royrdsjr said:
Which isn't a bad thing because they work just as well also. In addition to a HR24,I also have a HR22 & HR23,both with external DECA adapters to run internet coaxially.

2 HR24's, HR22, and waiting on my 34. HSP accounts have to wait until all orders are filled before they release them to us :(

2 HR24's, HR22, and waiting on my 34. HSP accounts have to wait until all orders are filled before they release them to us :(

I have the above mentioned DVR's plus a H24 & H25 receiver. I'm maxed out on my tuners & feel I have enough DVR's to make up for no HR34,so I'm fine without a HR34.

I've got a 16 in my attic and I don't pay anything to upgrade to it so I'm dumb not to get it. It's that or another 24, figured why not! :D

I got this little box w/ a HR34, HR24 and a H25. What is it? Im still learning!:D

Attachments

• IMAG0117.jpg
    IMAG0117.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 169
Thanks for the input everyone. Im in the akron area and will try calling back (maybe a couple of times) to try to get them to throw in a hd dvr for free too..

Actually is there any extra charge for having a second dvr on the account?

I have to check because the price went up,but for extra receivers,it is/was $6.00 per receiver,whether it's a DVR or regular receiver. They waive the price for the first receiver you have(the HR34?),so you'd be looking at $12.00 extra at least(because i'm not sure if the price went up a dollar or not per receiver).OK,I checked my recent bill & it's still $6.00 with a credit for your first receiver,so you are looking at $12.00 for having 2 extra receivers(including one DVR if you go that route). This is where DirecTV is a better deal than Dish,the price for extra receivers remains the same no matter what kind of extra receiver you have,even if you decided to go with 2 HR34's.

Thanks and without the box. I would need a network connection at every receiver location?

I'm not sure,couldn't he just have ethernet connection to the HR34 & his HR24 & H25 receiver would receive internet connection from the HR34 coaxially? Also remember,he can only receive internet connection coaxially for his H25 because it has no ethernet connection.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts