about to cancel adelphia!! !#@$$%!$%

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lostcause

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2004
I knew this was going to happen. I dreaded going with adelphia from the very beginning. They sucked 4 years ago when I had them and they suck now.

They're showing Star Wars AOTC in HD on my local fox station...so...I tune in to Fox HD, and whaddya know....all my HD locals are dead...AGAIN!!!!! Black screen. This is the second time this happens in the 2 months or so that I've had them. I've had to call them over 5 times in less than two months because of problems like this. This is ridiculous!!!!!

As much as I don't like the "deal" dishnet is offering (I don't think it's much of a deal at all), I'm giving some serious consideration to calling adelphia and telling them to come pick up their crap, then calling dish and taking them up on their offer.

Oh, and get this----when I called about the HD locals being down AGAIN, they actually tried to sell me internet service!!!! LMFAO!!!! I told her that I'm a network admin for a living, and if my internet went down as often as my cable did, I'd be unemployed in no time at all!!

You gotta be kidding me adelphia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Join the crowd. After VOOM, I made it two weeks with Adelphia before calling it quits...oh the stories I could tell over the years. Even renting 3 HD DVRs couldn't keep me from running out the door screaming. I still have Adelphia for broadband since they are the only broadband player in town (hurry up Verizon and FTTP)...and service has been as slow as a 9.6k modem since a fiber link was cut on the 27th of April. Ugh!!! At least every penny, to include the $25 installation fee, and $50 were returned to me for my pain and suffering.

I have been with adelphia now for about 4 weeks and have had excellent csr and any problems i had they were remedied within 24 hours of my call and a call from a csr to confirm my appt. the repair persons have been very good. I have been having a problem with one of the 3 hdDVR and requested a new one and within 8 hours they were at my house replacing the unit with a new one.I guess we Mainers are lucky with the service we get here

well, I have a problem with my DVR too. It's missing some options it's supposed to have in the software. Adelphia's suggestion was that I drive out myself to their main office way out in bumblef*ck and exchange it. They won't send a tech out or mail me a new one. Great customer service.

i was having a problem with Discover HD. The local office would tell me that it is available and customer service would say that it is not. I got a very rude representative on the phone which was the final straw. I asked to speak to his supervisor and she knew even less. I looked up the corporate office headquarters, and they put me in touch with someone in executive appeals who finally fixed my problem. I am now watching Discover in HD. If things do not improve under Time Warner, I will be heading to Canada for my satellite service!

all my sh*t finally works but not after many problems with not having all the channels, them not having the dvr they said they would, telling me i didn't have this specific service, when in reality i am already paid for, the fact that there dvr stretches all 4:3 to 16:9, instead of giving me the option to put grey bars, god i hate adelphia, but i got no other choice, dish and direct tv just don't have the offerings and are too expensive.

i want my voom back

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THINGS SACRED AND HOLY!!!!!!!!!

This is beyond ridiculous. I'm sitting here watching a show five minutes ago......suddenly the screen goes black and a message flashes on my screen that "your explorer settop box is not authorized for use..blahblahblah"

For f**k's sake this is almost becoming comical.

I have had to call these morons more times in the past two months for technical issues than I had to call both voom and directv combined in the years I had them!!!

Why, voom??? WHY?!?!?!?!?!

I have had to call Adelphia here in south florida alot too....had my hd dvr replaced 3 times...and the other standard boxes twice....I know your pain...I am PRAYING that the so called 'big June announcement' from Directv will save me from killing someone soon.....