About to deinstall in Chester County Pa

jmschusta

Original poster
Apr 11, 2004
I recieved my voom service on April 6. After and initial install that got me my SD and HD cable my OTA did not work. To aggrevate the situation I got caught in the software update. After two more trips out by an installer who has been very professional (different than first guy) My OTA only gives me Fox and ABC. Which means I have to keep my comcast to get the rest of my locals and the SD package with no ESPN or other significant sports coverage on top of limited locals is disheartening after I approached my freedom from the evil cable empire with such hope and glee. Could the forum throw me some advice as to what might done that might remedy my situation or something cause I am frustrated.

jmschusta said:
I recieved my voom service on April 6. After and initial install that got me my SD and HD cable my OTA did not work. To aggrevate the situation I got caught in the software update. After two more trips out by an installer who has been very professional (different than first guy) My OTA only gives me Fox and ABC. Which means I have to keep my comcast to get the rest of my locals and the SD package with no ESPN or other significant sports coverage on top of limited locals is disheartening after I approached my freedom from the evil cable empire with such hope and glee. Could the forum throw me some advice as to what might done that might remedy my situation or something cause I am frustrated.

ESPN is not on VOOM yet but it will. How long? Do not know.
RSN --> do not expect on VOOM anytime soon.

So it seems your main issues are the rest of OTA channels and ESPN?

are your OTA channels mapped? Are you withing reachable distance to get them all and it is you antenna pointing in the correct direction?

You may need to get a higher gain directional anteanna than the one Voom provides by default. After Voom install me (even with an upgraded antenna), I couldn't get CBS over the air. (Although CBS is running a fairly low power.) I just decided to upgrade to the antenna I thought would do the best, and bought a high gain very directional UHF only antenna. (Since all of the digital stations in my area are UHF). Once I did that, I have very strong signals one every station including CBS.

Ota,

thanks for the help so far. I am twenty four miles from the towers that provide all the stations. NBC, CBS, WHYY, and someothers are running low power. We tried both the eight bay and the stealth. Same result for each. Is there a chance the signal will boost during prime time tonight? btw you are right Sean those are my two main issues piled on top of my frustration that it is not working as well as I hoped with the regular installation issues.

jmschusta said:
thanks for the help so far. I am twenty four miles from the towers that provide all the stations. NBC, CBS, WHYY, and someothers are running low power. We tried both the eight bay and the stealth. Same result for each. Is there a chance the signal will boost during prime time tonight? btw you are right Sean those are my two main issues piled on top of my frustration that it is not working as well as I hoped with the regular installation issues.

Do you have a diplexer installed?

stealth diplexer

yes i do have a diplexer in place and it is a stealth omni directional. as i mentioned earlier we tried both the stealth and and eight bay and got the same result. let me know what you think.

jmschusta said:
yes i do have a diplexer in place and it is a stealth omni directional. as i mentioned earlier we tried both the stealth and and eight bay and got the same result. let me know what you think.

Get rid of diplexer and run separate antenna line to receiver. The diplexer has been known to degrade the OTA signal. After that repoint antenna towards the tower.

signal strength

Will it matter if the strenght of the signal coming form the towers for cbs and nbc are only 6 and 10 respectively? I live at an apartment and just had the satellite dish and antenna moved to the roof. Removing the diplexor even though i asked for it to be straight routed is a little difficult without a 30ft ladder. Does the diplexor make that much of a difference? When i asked I was told there was no real difference and that is how they powered the stealth. I am with in the mile range for the stealth to work. Does signal strenght increase during prime time viewing that i might get those stations at night and not during the day?

It has for some about 30% better signal. It is hard for me to say about your case. What you can do is throw another line just for testing and see if it makes a difference. Also, you made, buy an internal antenna. The silver sensor is one candidate but is an all UHF ONLY antenna. There is another made by RCA but I do not remember the model that is both UHF/VHF internal. Those are options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)