Another successful Voom deinstall!

GeneWildershair said:
read my reply to that post your commenting on vurbano. You belive that is expecting too much? Does you stb work fine when flipping thru the channels fast? go from say 100 all the way to 201 quickly then leave it there, does it not get all messed up? It does for me. I can do this with the Samsung TS160 with D*, and it works fine.
no problems here. but i dont usually flip thru them using the ch button if the channel i want is a hundred away. can get there faster with the menu and the page key. no sense in jack hammering the channel key. I mean that makes no sense. if you press the channel key rapidly you must know what channel you want to go to, hell just key in 200 if your at 100 and flip a couple times.

ok just did it as fast as i could from 100 to 207. no problem

PS the sd swimfan movie on 207 looks as good as OTA quality. Nice job VOOM!

ok did it again from 100 to 209 so fast i didnt know where i was at. again no problems

PS this sd cartoon looks better than any sd on D*.

The fact was that Motorola makes most of the boxes for cable....and they are cheap..
Does your remote for Cox cable control your sound for the reciever?....The only point I was making was that I don't like the cheap little remote and box that Motorola has made for Voom....and if the software will cure it so be it...I just hope so. This is a Motorola 99% problem not Voom's....they need to make a better box period....My only beef with all Providors is that we should have a brand we like and can activate it with the providor of our choice....Cell phones use a universal product and why not sat or cable....let us choose the brand and box we like....It just the way it is use my box or go somewhere else.....Well if they don't improve this box I might not be Vooming...I still say it is the cheap box made by Moto that has been causing all or most of the problems.

pdqbobe said:
The fact was that Motorola makes most of the boxes for cable....and they are cheap..
Does your remote for Cox cable control your sound for the reciever?....The only point I was making was that I don't like the cheap little remote and box that Motorola has made for Voom....and if the software will cure it so be it...I just hope so. This is a Motorola 99% problem not Voom's....they need to make a better box period....My only beef with all Providors is that we should have a brand we like and can activate it with the providor of our choice....Cell phones use a universal product and why not sat or cable....let us choose the brand and box we like....It just the way it is use my box or go somewhere else.....Well if they don't improve this box I might not be Vooming...I still say it is the cheap box made by Moto that has been causing all or most of the problems.
my box works nearly flawlessly. The only thing i have experienced maybe once or twice a week is that i can lose the sound when i arrive at a station, but a quick channel change fixes it. I leave this box on 24/7 and when you place your hand on it you can barely tell its on. go but your hand on an hughes e86 HIRD after a few hours, and it is hard to hold it there. If often wondered if I left my D* reciever on all night after paying 400 bucks for it if it would just fry.

as far as remotes go, my hughes remote wont change sound fields on my av equipment. but i dont expect it too. I have 6 of them infront of me and none will do it all. As a semi savy (lol) av person i dont expect them too and didnt have any dellusions that vooms would do any more than it does. My Harmony sst 688 is on order for that.

I have the Harmony remote 689 as well that I order 2 months ago ....It works great for all a/v gear.....You will like it .....I also have a collection of remotes over 10 but who is counting...I'm not really upset with the Voom picture but my only beef is that I really don't like the Moto box but will live with it....for now.. I just hope the DVR is better...by the way 1080i does rule. HD=Voom I still have D* until august when my contract expires ....and OTA....with the Silver Sensor in the attic.

Only beef Motorola make a better box so we don't have to wait for software upgrades! :cool:

GeneWildershair said:
expecting too much??? LOL, get real! I am only expecting the box to function *properly*! Changing channels quickly should be expected of an STB! Especially one that was "ahead of the game", and "designed with future technology, like Mpeg4 ", yet it can't even handle normal channel surfing! D*'s boxes aren't perfect either, but they are much more well designed than this thing. Besides I'm not the only one complainig about this buggy box. By the way My posts that are negative are a good thing actually, as VOOM is listening! IF you don't say anything, they won't fix it! You should be thanking me for being a big voice about this stuff. It will only help VOOM in the long run.
Thanks Jay

GeneWildershair said:
read my reply to that post your commenting on vurbano. You belive that is expecting too much? Does you stb work fine when flipping thru the channels fast? go from say 100 all the way to 201 quickly then leave it there, does it not get all messed up? It does for me. I can do this with the Samsung TS160 with D*, and it works fine.

I can go quickly from 100 to 201 and further and back without my box locking up.

Looks like it is the box.

Bill

did u guys hear the new policy from VOOM, free pacifier with each new box. For some of you, that works out great. ....jk....:)

Videofx said:
I can go quickly from 100 to 201 and further and back without my box locking up.

Looks like it is the box.

Bill

Same here. No problems going quickly from 100 to 201 and back. Is it a stress test or something? :)