Another Successful Voom Install!

Kyrak

Original poster
May 18, 2004
Well, I am officially Vooming! My install was scheduled for 8-12 and I was getting worried when it was 12:30 with no call or installer. I called Voom and they tried to contact the installer (C F Communications in St. Louis) with no luck. He showed up about 1:00 and luckily we found a spot with LOS on the roof on the third floor. Very professional, nice guy, ran a couple of extra coax runs to my new theater so I can get D*(for Tivo) there as well as voom ($30 for 2 new coax runs on top of the Voom install, didn't think it was too bad). Gave me a bag with remote, RGB cable, phone splitter, AV cable. DVI cable in a second bag. I didn't get the manual, but I didn't worry too much since I knew I could DL one from Voom's site. Took about 2.5 hrs.

I have a signal of 63 or so preupdate (had Ver. 5.08 on it) and am getting some freezing, no guide info yet and one local missing, but I am confident it will get fixed when the new software downloads overnight. Looks awesome on my X1 projector, gotta like 110" of HD :) Didn't have a phone line hooked up at all BTW.

Does anyone know if the update will download during the day if I put it into standby mode or if it only pushes down at night? I am willing to leave it off for a few hrs if it will get the update during the day....

Well, I read enough gloom and doom posts so I wanted to let lurkers know that things can go well sometimes too!

Back to some TV,

Kyrak

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)