About to switch to D* from E*, but have some doubts. Convince me!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It all comes down to programming.

*ding* WINNER!

IMO one should pick their multichannel provider based on the programming choices offered NOW, not what they might offer in the future. Do your research, make your decision, and then don't fret it. If a newer/better provider emerges in the future, then reconsider.

You can do that with D* also. Just press guide twice and it brings it up for you

No, it is not the same I tried that. All it does is bring only the sports channels you already have in the current particular favorite list.

For example I do not have all the Regional Sports Channels in any of my favorite lists. However I would like to know what sports are on right now and coming up (up to 24 hours) even on channels I do not have on my favorite lists. Dish Network gives you that in the themes list option.

The closest I found is in the Menu. It is a program search. However you cannot search for just Sports. I have to enter BASEBALL, SOCCER, FOOTBALL, or other keywords.

If you have never had Dish or if you did and never used that nifty feature then it might be hard to understand its usefulness.

I would assume that many people would not care to know what is on channels that they do not get, otherwise they would add them to their favorites list, but hey, everyone is different. You could always change to all channels, then use the theme lists.

For what it is worth, I have dish also. I just rarely use that feature on D* or E*

No, it is not the same I tried that. All it does is bring only the sports channels you already have in the current particular favorite list.
It brings up a whole list of categories, sports being just one out of the entire list. You must have done something wrong???

It brings up a whole list of categories, sports being just one out of the entire list. You must have done something wrong???
I think he means it only shows the channels that you have listed in the favorites list that you currently have selected.

Ahhh...gotcha.

All he needs to do is switch it over to "All Channels" by pressing the yellow button and changing it to "All Channels"

Ahhh...gotcha.

All he needs to do is switch it over to "All Channels" by pressing the yellow button and changing it to "All Channels"
Yeah that is what I suggested, but I did not give him specifics on how to do it. Good job:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts