Abundance of Advertising here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChetK

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Round Rock, TX
I know this site is provided free of charge to its members, but there is a very large abundance of ads here. I am on a LOT of forums and I know that's how you guys get paid, but having ads in line with posts, the top third of the page is nothing but ads, there are even ads with audio in them. I'm hearing commercials that are playing 'somewhere' on the page, but I'm not seeing the ad.

A lot of sites show this many ads to visitors that don't sign in, but they go away when logged in. That's not the case here. Ads are just as annoying when signed in as they are prior to signing in.

I understand trying to make a living, but it's making this forum really annoying to use.

Just thought I'd provide some feedback.

hi ChetK,

i don't think you're supposed to be getting ads with sound. if you can tell us what ad is it scott the owner of the site can check it out. from what i know the ads barely cover the expenses incurred by this site. much less make a profit.

Just on this page alone:

7644925170_47207793d2_o.jpg

For registered members we have less ads then our compitition.

However I am concerned about the audio ads, we are set with our ad agencies to not serve any ads that automatically play ads. I want the ads to pay the bills but not drive our members away with annoying audio ads! Please if you see one PM me with details on the ad. Describe it to me tell me the company its advertising for and also please click on it and tell me the URL it takes you to. This will help us track things down and turn them off!

I am very sorry about the audio ads I don't want them here myself!

If the ads are that annoying to you, then become a pub member. It's only $20/year and it'll get rid of 90% of the ads that you would normally see.

Short of just leaving altogether which I'm sure there are some who wish I would. I tried as long as I could stand it as a registered non pub member. The ads and slowness of the site were overwhelming, I finally gave up & got a paid membership. It is completely a night & day different experience.

Ad-block with google chrome is the only way to surf the web. Not just this site but any site you browse. I havent seen an advertisement on a website in a very long time. Its rare one slips through. I get confused if I goto someones house and browse a site like facebook or msn/cnn/foxnews any site, Im like wow is this what they really look like without ad block? Some of them even have ads that take over the whole website! its just crazy.

Sure become a pub member if you CHOOSE to support the site, but ad-block with google chrome is still recommended for other sites as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)