AC3 Audio and my TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Phottoman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I really had a problem watching TV on sat stations that use AC3 Audio, mostly because the TV is on a rather high shelf in the bedroom, on the dresser actually, and I really felt uncomfortable changing the audio cable, then after an hour or so, unplug that cable and plug back in the conventional cable for normal audio. A few nights ago, I forgot to push the TV back far enough on the tall dresser, and when I walked past it, bumped it with my shoulder and the whole thing started rocking.

DANGER WILL ROBINSON !!!

Well, Phottoette is home all day and she has more practical electronics experiance that I, so I asked her to make a box for the audio cables, and this is what she came up with.

All the credit for this goes to Phottoette.

Two pair of leads in, DPDT switch, one pair out, six female RCA plug recepticals, and guess what, instant on and off AC3/Conventional Audio.

Photto

Attachments

• Here are the parts....jpg
    Here are the parts....jpg
    143 KB · Views: 237
  • and here's what they made!.jpg
    and here's what they made!.jpg
    233.4 KB · Views: 233
Good job, Phottoette! Nice lil' switchbox there. This brings me to a question though... I watch AC3 and regular channels all the time, and both types of audio come thru the same cable. Am I missing something here? :confused:

Good job, Phottoette! Nice lil' switchbox there. This brings me to a question though... I watch AC3 and regular channels all the time, and both types of audio come through the same cable. Am I missing something here? :confused:
I'll pass that on to her when she gets up this morning, thank you.

Naw, you're not missing anything, other than volume control. This way I get better control when the normal audio is fed to the TV, at least that's why we/she started this in the first place.

Photto

She sounds like quite a "dish" to me!!!... :D

We usually like to request photos of dishes, but I am gonna pass! ;)
She IS a real "dish." I did ask her if it would be OK with her to publish a picture of her, she said she would comply with your request, even though you said you would pass.

It'll be a few days though, we are off tomorrow in the early morning on a business trip, and won't be back until Friday.

Photto (and ~ette)

She IS a real "dish." I did ask her if it would be OK with her to publish a picture of her, she said she would comply with your request, even though you said you would pass.

It'll be a few days though, we are off tomorrow in the early morning on a business trip, and won't be back until Friday.

Photto (and ~ette)

I just found another use for the duct tape that holds my lnbf... :shh

Last edited:
I see it now, you guys are just jealous, RIGHT?

Remember, this is the lady that when we were out looking to pick up a used 10 footer, she pointed at one over the roof and said "I hope THAT'S the one we're getting." Then she spent the next three days helping me plant it.

Photto

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)