AC3 from Viewsat VS2000 and Kenwood VR507

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
How do I get AC3 from Viewsat VS2000 and Kenwood VR507?

Working on getting AC3 audio out of my Viewsat VS2000 and into my Kenwood VR507.
I have the optical cable and non AC3 works fine.

Any ideas if the receiver will support it?

Thanks
Kenwood VR 507 Reviews

Say I put up the NASA channel. I can get sound from the satellite receiver to the Kenwood via a optical cable. NASA is not in AC3 on 119W

If I go to a channel that AC3 only I don't get any sound. I know the sound works on that channel because I have USB V7021 Starbox and the audio works on that channel.

Thanks

You are getting sound thru the optical, just not AC3?

Now I dont know much about your satellite receiver or av receiver but I will try to help as best as I can

On your viewsat receiver, make sure that you have a dolby digital setting that can be turned on... If dolby digital is turned off, that will explain why you cant get audio from a channel that is AC3 only.. I dont know if this will help but I had to try:)

Working on getting AC3 audio out of my Viewsat VS2000 and into my Kenwood VR507.
I have the optical cable and non AC3 works fine.

Any ideas if the receiver will support it?

Thanks
Kenwood VR 507 Reviews

You won't get AC3 out of a Viewsat 2000 receiver, unless you use a Pirate firmware, and the optical port. The factory software never supported it.

If thats an ULtra>the last factory firmware did make the AC3 work on most Dolby channels. For the 2yrs I owned one, I had to run an old hacker file to get it to work right. The last factory file that they finally put out make it work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)