So I scored a HughesNet Dish today

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DirectDishNet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2007
Davenport Iowa
I was installing Dish Network today and at the house that I was doing had a HughesNet dish.... The Homeowner asked if I could remove and haul it away. Pole and all!....So I did......:)

Question: If you were the proud owner of a nice big HughesNet dish, What would you do with it? And are their any features & benefits of using this dish for FTA? Or should I just chuck it?

Thanks!

How big?

I was installing Dish Network today and at the house that I was doing had a HughesNet dish.... The Homeowner asked if I could remove and haul it away. Pole and all!....So I did......:)

Question: If you were the proud owner of a nice big HughesNet dish, What would you do with it? And are their any features & benefits of using this dish for FTA? Or should I just chuck it?

Thanks!

How big is a hughes net dish?

Thanks!

Does it look like the attached image? I got that one a month or so ago. It's ~33" x 38", I think. I was planning on fixing it on 103, maybe. Still sitting in the exact spot as the picture as we speak, though.
sat-004.jpg

Thanks!

DirectDishNet,

Did they by chance gift you the Modem, too?

If you had all the equipment... Dish, TRIA and the modem, it might be a good item to resell on Ebay, if it is in good physical and operational condition. I have Wild Blue internet via satellite and the equipment does not come cheap. I would hate to see anyone hack it up for FTA when there is better equipment available for that specific purpose.

If the Hughes dish and any components have any merit towards functionality, by all means - pawn it on Ebay and take the proceeds to apply for whatever you wish. If it is missing the modem and you don't know about the functionality of the TRIA, then sell the TRIA "as is" and use the dish for FTA.

JMO

RADAR

Hughesnet dishes I thought were 39x23 or maybe that was the old DirecPC setups

Good lord dont chuck it. I'd drive to Davenport to get it if you are gonna chuck it ;)

I'd use it for a fixed dish system...maybe 103 for the news feeds (and the goofy skew) or maybe 74W for the feeds

Re Hughes Net.

The older version (DirecPC) is the same as in my avatar picture, then later they had the DirecDuo which looked kind of odd with a very strange LNB setup. Both had Oval dishes.

By the way, this set up is at my other location. The one closest to the right is the DirecDuo set at 103W for The Pentagon Channel. The small 18" dish on the pole is for ION and NASA on 119W. The DirectPC Dish (same as my avatar picture) is set for 97W.

Attachments

• DSCN0608.JPG
    DSCN0608.JPG
    596.5 KB · Views: 368
  • DSCN0610.JPG
    DSCN0610.JPG
    425.8 KB · Views: 378
  • DSCN0622.JPG
    DSCN0622.JPG
    560.1 KB · Views: 377
no two alike:

Please show us a photo of whatever you are calling a HughesNet dish.
I've seen so many strange things with that name, I will never assume again, that I know what a guy is talking about. :(
Here's what MexSunny calls his Hughes.

And as for Kentucky Bill, ...man... there's another strange one!
The hardware, not the member! - :D

Sorry guy's, Just got back home..... Here is the hughesnet dish that I aquired......

DDN,

That dish looks to be in awesome condition! That is not a dish that should be butchered for any purpose. Sell it on Ebay or use it for what it was designed for. There is some money involved in that rig, I guarantee it, don't let it go to waste, please!

RADAR

That dish is exactly like the one I just bought on eBay for $150 with modem. I am using it as a second dish to set up on a tripod when trees or other obstructions keep me from getting a signal with my roof top Motosat.

Chuck

I have two of these, but mine are a little different LNBF set up, only one arm. I have one as fixed dish on AMC1 and i works great. Pulls in the S-2 signals no problem. The other is in the shop waiting to be set up. Have also used it on Hispasat and have hit Telstar 12 with it, but did not have time lock it. It worked great on Hispasat. Using the LNBF that came with it. I think one says Hughesnet and the other says Directway on it. I will have to look when I get home. Mine is 39x23 as Iceberg noted.

Nice find. Thanks for the pic. What size is it?
Did anyone say mini-bud or c-band.

I bought two that were like 33x39 for $25 for both. No LNBs. I have one up on AMC4 and the other needs some bolts.

Good luck with yours.
Sorry guy's, Just got back home..... Here is the hughesnet dish that I aquired......

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts