AC3 on Traxis DBS3500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crawfrdb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
Does the Traxis DBS3500 support AC3 audio, when available?

Also- can the channel list on this receiver be uploaded to a PC via serial port, edited with an app like Channel Master and then re-downloaded back down to the receiver? I like being able to edit my channel lists and the channel names. If so, what file format does the receiver use?

Thanks,
B

Last edited:
I have used the inteface tool listed above and it is ok. Concerning the AC-3 output, it does not work for Ku band. From what I understand from others that have a C-Band setup it does work for CU-digital. This is one of my negative's about this receiver. Others would be that there is no S-video output, no option to do any kind of detailed scan and that the default scan often doesn't find all the tp's /channels.
I have downloaded and flashed the receiver with the lastest firmware listed @ dmsiusa and it did not rectify the problem.

Besides the negative that I have listed, I still like this receiver. It has lots of other good features such as front panel SQ etc.

Was recently sent this tip for the Traxis DBS 3500, its a GREAT receiver. Mine finds feeds that my other receivers don't! VERY much like my Satworks 3618!

"There is a way to add the pids manually even when the search functions do not find the frequency and sr. If one goes into transponder search first and plugs in the correct frequency and sr and then saves the search even if no signal is found then you can go into the create section and switch to the transponder number of that search and it will input the saved frequency and sr. Then you can plug in the pids and save it and the station will pop in."

That is exactly what I've been doing. However you still need to know the values from another source before hand.

I will agree that it is a great receiver. The blind scans are very fast and finds most of what's up there, the user interface is very straight forward and easy to use. Did I mention that SQ meter is available from the LCD display on the front ? It also cost less than lots of other receivers.

Don't forget to mention the signal quality tone ;) Great when pointing a dish, you can turn the volume of the TV WAY up and listen to the tone as you peak the dish, or you can use a baby monitor / FRS / Cell phone if you are too far away from the TV to hear it!

Add to that the signal quality in the LCD and you have yourself a BirDog Positive ID type Satellite meter ;)

That's how I tweaked my dish. I used a cordless phone with an intercom function. With the tone feature, no need to buy a sat meter or have a helper. I basically positioned the phone next to the speaker on the tv and listened outside on the roof with the other handset. The tones are really easy to understand, you will be able to tell the difference in the pitch of the tone w/o a problem.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)