Access Card de-activation issue...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

soonersherm

Original poster
Dec 20, 2005
I just sold an R10 TiVO Receiver to someone through PayPal and they're having issues setting up their service via DirecTV... According the the buyer, DirecTV won't let him use the receiver until the access card has been deactivated by the previous owner, who is not me.

Does anybody know what this is all about? I actually am having a hard time getting hold of the previous owner so I'm really hoping there's some way for me to avoid buying back the receiver.

thanks for your input...

soonersherm said:
I just sold an R10 TiVO Receiver to someone through PayPal and they're having issues setting up their service via DirecTV... According the the buyer, DirecTV won't let him use the receiver until the access card has been deactivated by the previous owner, who is not me.

Does anybody know what this is all about? I actually am having a hard time getting hold of the previous owner so I'm really hoping there's some way for me to avoid buying back the receiver.

thanks for your input...
Instead of posting here you can probably get more information from Directv on their policies. Try calling the retention dept. at 800-824-9081, I would guess they want to make sure the receiver isn't stolen by having the previous owner release it for reuse.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can I get a national Telefutura feed of I don;t

Directv Tivo Still Available?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts