Access Card Error Message

zman1974

Original poster
Dec 5, 2004
I had Voom installed yesterday. Everything was fine until this morning. I turned off my living room's receiver (not with the remote). When I turned it on again an error message came up saying "Access Card: Make sure you have the right access card entered properly or call customer service". Everything was fine as far as the card went. I did both soft and hard reboot's to no avail. Anybody have any ideas as to what went wrong?

First try taking the access card out and reinserting it into the receiver. If this doesn't work I would call Voom and ask to send an access hit to your boxes. If that doesn't work than have Voom uninstall your equipment and reactivate them.

Hope this helps you out.

I think I discovered what I did. Instead of turning off my receiver with the remote I turned it off the receiver itself. As I was having a download last night I think I caused a malfunction in my receiver with regards to my card. A technician will have to come out, apparently.

You must have received the 7.26 software download. Had this happen to me the other day after forcing the download. A call to a CSR along with both hard and soft reboots did nothing. CSR said he would pass my problem on to engineering or whatever for resolving. Lo and behold--next day everything was fine. By the way--this problem only existed for the HGTV and FOOD channels on 616 and 615. They are the only 2 channels apparently using the card deciphering technology at the present time.

I few channels a day are supposed to move to the new NDS technology.

The next two which are supposed to move to NDS are TMC-HD and Starz HD.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I few channels a day are supposed to move to the new NDS technology.

The next two which are supposed to move to NDS are TMC-HD and Starz HD.
Scott, have you been told why are they doing the migration to NDS? Any advantages?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)