Signal Message this makes NO sense...

FTLOSM

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2005
I was watching voom tonight 100% fine, just flipping thru channels, watched a bit of this and that then all the sudden when i went up to see what was on in the 800s' MTV FUSE etc I got SIGNAL message and how there was no signal on this channel...

How odd I thought, especially since i have been watching voom all night??

I thought humm maybe a reset will fix this, nope, also thought maybe its really windy or somehow my dish just suddenly changed position, took a look outside, no snow no wind or rain, and appears exactly same position wise as always...

Now I am frustrated cuz 5 mins ago im watching voom with no pixels, no breakups anything for hours fine, then all the sudden i scroll up thru channels towards the 800s and now on everything I get SIGNAL messages...

This includes my locals too (all locals) all channels, my locals are aprox 10 miles away btw and are all 100% strength wise normally.

Unless somehow there suddenly was a gremlin that cut my line at 1130pm during the time I was flipping thru the channel menu, or maybe its something goofy with the box, but since dec 2004 when it was installed everything box and dish wise has worked fine till tonight.

On the remote chance, are there any times late at night that for a short period they cut the signal for whatever reason and it just so happens I was watching at this time?

I will call voom tomorrow I guess but just wondered if this has suddenly happened to anyone else before, I did turn the box off thinking maybe its too hot or needs software updating or something? I have had it on for the last 3-4 days 24/7 so figured maybe an update or heat issue heck I dunno cuz again dish looks fine, antenna looks fine, weather clear, no wind, was working fine, always had a nice 95+ signal for sat and 100% for locals, now everything just shows that signal screen...

weird....

Bill

yep had to hard reboot it and that fixed it but very weird right in the middle of watching it then all the sudden i got SIGNAL on every channel for no real reason...

It is working now tho after a hard reboot...(for now its working)...

I noticed last nite when watching FUSE the PQ was getting better and better by the minute almost to HD quality.

It was the best SD channel I've seen so maybe they were testing on it :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)