Access DirecTV magazine

Status
Please reply by conversation.

myallycat

Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Hello...I was just wondering if anyone subscribes to the new "Access DirecTV magazine"? I used to have it when it was OnDirectv but gave it up because they didn't have 24/7 listings so was just wondering if they have it now since it seems like it got revamped? I'm currently subscribed to the Satellite Direct magazine but since my subscription is gonna be up in a few months thought I would look around again. Of course Directv won't tell me anything about this new magazine other than try to get me to subscribe to it but I thought maybe if someone here has it they could give me a details & their opinion about it. Thank you!! :)

Jana

I tried it for the one month thing. It's ok. The grids don't do it for me but I do like the movie listings, helps me find things to record on the DVR. I'll give it one more month and I'll see if I want to drop it or go with the cheaper yearly price.

I dropped it because they couldn't ever get it to me before the first of the month. It's probably the fault of the postal system and not the magazine. It wasn't worth it to me if it was going to be late every month. I tried for 3 months and it came 5-6 days late each time.

The grids are now 24/7, and movie descriptions will return to a pure alphabetical (not genre) arrangement starting with the April issue.

i had it a couple of years ago but i found it very hard to read. plus, i thought the local information could have been better.

doesn't sound like its vastly improved or am i misreading? thanks.

I got it the first month they changed the format and thought I had gotten a Playboy by mistake. Some people are going to be filing lawsuits. They have scantily clad girls on the front of the covers of the magazines and mothers and christian groups are going to throw fits if they haven't already. My mom almost threw it out until I told her it was the DirecTV programming guide.

i had it for awhile but the small print in the magazine, was like the guide on t.v.
i wish dtv would look at they dishnetwork guide,it so much easier to read.

The print is small but I really like it. The changes mentioned above that they are planning for April will make it better still.

It is short on local info but I never watch them anyway.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)