access dvr from cpu

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mdbaker

Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
OKC
is it possible to connect my hd/dvr to my cpu then access my home cpu from a lap top then watch my dvr recordings? I don't care if they are in HD, it would probably be easier with a standard signal, but for one I don't know if it's possible, and if so how to do it. If anyone could help that would be great.
Thanks alot

It may be. It's not anything I've explored into yet though. One customer actually was able to see it on his computer as an external drive. He didn't bother going into it, though, so it's undetermined if he is able to go in and remove programs to another storage device, or watch things from his computer.

DIRECTV: DIRECTV2PC

If you have a fast enough computer you can use DirecTV's DirecTV2PC program.

I vote for that option, Ive been using it for a few months, enjoy it very much, one thing you were not entirely clear on from my pov was are you looking to watch the dvr stuff on a computer or 'rip' it, because ripping it is not legal. and the laptop thing, from what i understood you were looking to archive the dvr content then read the archived data from a second pc. you could install d2pc on both comps.. use a esata drive for archiving.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)