Accessing 61.5 In Columbus, Ohio

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Hi guys. On Friday I'm getting Dish network installed. There is already an old Dish 1000 on the roof. I was told by the gentleman who took my older that they were going to give me a 1000.2 dish when they come out to do the install. I was wondering with the equipment listed here if they could somehow use it all to give me access to the 61.5 satellite or access to as many satellites as possible from my location? Would the installer even be willing to do it? Any advice or suggestions? Thanks, guys!

There really is no good reason for your installer to use the 61.5 over the 129. At least here in Ohio the levels are only 10 points lower (I typically get the 129 around a 90 vs. 103 or so, for the 61.5). Not to mention your Columbus locals are not...I repeat...are NOT mirrored on the 61.5. They're only on the 129 and 105 (for how much longer on the 105, I have no idea).

There really is no good reason for your installer to use the 61.5 over the 129. At least here in Ohio the levels are only 10 points lower (I typically get the 129 around a 90 vs. 103 or so, for the 61.5). Not to mention your Columbus locals are not...I repeat...are NOT mirrored on the 61.5. They're only on the 129 and 105 (for how much longer on the 105, I have no idea).

I didn't mean to replace the 129 with the 61.5, I meant to add it between the equipment they will be using for the install and the dish that is already on the roof. So in theory, having access to 110, 119, 129, AND the 61.5. Is that possible using a combination of the equipment I mentioned? Would the installer be willing to do it?

From what others have discovered, any content mirrored on 61.5' and 129' will be overridden by the 129' feed.

Oh, I understand, I was just hoping to access as much of the sky as I can since I effectively have 2 dishes (1000 and 1000.2) to use. And if I ever get the guts to do it, I'd like to have the option of accessing my old locals from Philly where I lived for the first 27 of my 31 years, not to mention i could get HD that way since I can't here. Of course, I couldn't say that to the tech, but that's another story.

Unless you're willing to pay for the dish and labor to install it, it's very doubtful ANY installer will put a 61.5 up for you. If it was me, and I saw an existing dish mounted on the home, I'd do my best to talk the customer into allowing me to use that same spot, but put a new dish/LNB in it's place

If you want to buy a DPP44 switch out of your own pocket, and tip the installer to connect it to 61.5, that would be one way to do it. 61.5 might be useful in the Fall for HD RSN college football from Florida, and those Philly HD locals are on 61.5.

If you want to buy a DPP44 switch out of your own pocket, and tip the installer to connect it to 61.5, that would be one way to do it. 61.5 might be useful in the Fall for HD RSN college football from Florida, and those Philly HD locals are on 61.5.

Why would he need a switch with a 1000.2?

Doesn't the 1000.2 have it's own switch? I thought it was built especially to do something like this.

Unless you're willing to pay for the dish and labor to install it, it's very doubtful ANY installer will put a 61.5 up for you. If it was me, and I saw an existing dish mounted on the home, I'd do my best to talk the customer into allowing me to use that same spot, but put a new dish/LNB in it's place

I guess I was hoping he'd take the Dish 1000 out of it's mount, put the 1000.2 on that mount and use the 1000 to get satellite 61.5 and basically use the time that he saved to do the dish 1000 install. Is that an unrealistic hope?

From the Dish Tech Portal:

HTML:
General Information
DISH 1000.2 allows customers to receive programming from three orbital locations; 110°, 119°, and 129° using a dish antenna size similar in size to DISH 500. DISH 1000.2 will display 1k.2 as the device and DPP 1000.2 as the LNBF when a Check Switch test has been run.

Dimensions:
          o 1 5/8" mounting mast (Slightly longer then the DISH 1000)
          o 20.7"h x 25.9"w dish face

Standard Configuration:
      DISH 1000.2 includes a DPP 1000.2 integrated LNBF - no switch needed for up to three receivers.
          o DPP 1000.2 integrated LNBF; 110°, 119°, 129°

o Connect the three output ports of the DP Plus 1000.2 LNBF to a DISH Pro Plus 44 switch for an additional receiver. When connected to a DPP44 switch using 3 cables, the LNBF provides signal from 110°, 119°, and 129°.

o The LNB input port is disabled if the Integrated LNBF is connected to a DPP44 switch; the 4th orbital in this configuration would have to be connected via the switch..

NOTE: The DP34 and DP21 switches cannot be used in any installation with the DP Plus 1000.2 LNBF. 
      Valid Receiver combinations include:
          o Any DISH Pro or DISH Pro Plus Receiver
                + Up to three DISH Pro Plus Receivers each with DISH Pro Plus Separators for the single-cable installation advantage.
          o One Legacy Receiver with at least one DISH Pro or DISH Pro Plus Receiver

Receivers NOT compatible with DISH 1000.2: (no 129 support and no fourth orbital location support)
      1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, JVC-IRR, DISHPlayer 7100/7200 

Wednesday May 30 2007     © 2007 EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. All rights reserved.

hey jay, i have a 100.2 and there is a port for u to add a wing. if u have any issues i could maybe help ya outi dont think we live to far away, im in the litte turtle/blendon woods area and have the cables and sat meter and install supplies to help out if needed. been trying to get on doing installs but never getting a call back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)