Accessing contents of the EHD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

PirateTodd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
Ohio
My EHD keeps telling me I need to reformat in order to use it, even though it's worked for years. I'm afraid I'll lose all my recordings. Dish is trying to help me with it, but I keep getting the same reformat message.

Does anyone know if there is a way that I can atleast look up what i have stored on the drive so I know what shows I might be losing? I never backed it up on another computer, but I didn't know if I plugged it in to another source if it would show me the content stored on it. Atleast I will know what I had stored on there if I'm able to do that.

I'm afraid you are out of luck there. I wish you luck in resolving the issue. Is this the only EHD you are using. Have you asked Dish for a re-hit? Also, chances are your drive is corrupted and can't be recognized as an "in service" device.

I'm afraid you are out of luck there. I wish you luck in resolving the issue. Is this the only EHD you are using. Have you asked Dish for a re-hit? Also, chances are your drive is corrupted and can't be recognized as an "in service" device.

That sucks....they tried a re-hit and it didn't work. I don't know how it would have been corrupted. I've had it hooked up to the Hopper for years now. This issue came out of nowhere.

Don't give up yet if you can afford to just set it aside. Wait for your next update and then try it again....

That's my plan for now. I was hoping worst case scenario I could see what shows I had on there if in fact I can't get it to work anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)