Accessing Hava or Sling on Password Protected Networks

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Here is my question. Is there a way for me to access Hava or Sling on an outside network that requires a password for internet access? I am able to access both on any network or connection that does not require a log in password, but I cannot do so at work (which requires me to enter a password for internet connection). The PC software simply says internet not found

If you are at work your network connection at the switch could be password protected and setting up a VPN in a virtual desktop.

It is, but with most software that requires internet access I can get around it by configuring the connection settings on the software itself. Is there a way for me to configure the connection settings?

It is also possible that some ports have been blocked to cut video feeds. There is no way to know what has been configured at any given company.

It is also possible that some ports have been blocked to cut video feeds. There is no way to know what has been configured at any given company.
I can access live web-based video and video software in which I can configure the software using my works server info. Neither Nava nor Sling allow me to configure the connection settings (I was wondering if there is a way I can?).

It is likely that you're a victim of some sort of filtering. Once your computer is connected, the client software that uses the connection doesn't care about passwords or encryption.

VPN may allow you to bypass such frustrations but setting up the home side can be daunting.

I know at one location I have to use Slingplayer 1.5 since the new one won't work since that domain is blocked. I also have to use the direct IP address since the sling finder ID won't work since that is also blocked.

Is Microsoft's ZuneX Really There Portable XBox Phone

MS fax server?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)