Accessing Previously Recorded Programing Without DirecTv Service

Status
Please reply by conversation.

totherezq

Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
I have a DirecTv DVR Plus Receiver R15 MFR:500. I have no line dropped in the room where I currently intend to use it yet. However, I would like to hook it up and at least take advantage of a ton of previously recorded material that's on this DVR. Does anyone know a way I can access those previously recorded programs without adding this receiver to my current service? This is strictly for viewing purposes only. I intend to add it to my DirecTv service later in the future. For now all I want is the ability to view what's been recorded to the hard drive without it being hooked up to any Satelite feed. Any ideas? A solution here will help tremendously! Thanks...

Not sure if it is the same from a technical standpoint but I had my service suspended once and I was able to view previous recordings on our dvrs just fine. Also had the same experience when I was moving, hadn't run cables yet but could still access shows on the dvrs.

Hook the av cabbles to your tv and select the correct input on the tv. You'll be searching for satellite on live tv, but you can access your play list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tuning tilt past 140?

DTV HD receiver not picking up satellite signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)